Quarterly consumer reports Our map of the economy - how are people coping?
Sixth Which? Quarterly Report
Our sixth Which? Quarterly Consumer Report identifies an increase in consumer confidence in the economy over the last quarter and more optimism than a year ago. However, low wage growth and high inflation means households can't buy as much as they used to with their money. We look at how consumers are coping with the cost of living and how financially secure people are for the future. The savings ratio has fallen and half the population is worried about their level of savings. In addition, four in ten say they would find it difficult to cope with an unexpected expense.
We look at how different age groups have been impacted in the last year by the rising cost of living and how public transport prices are hitting households.
The Which? Consumer Insight Tracker gives a detailed picture of today's consumers and you can see how you compare to others by breaking down the data by ago, gender, income and region.
- Quarterly consumer report October 2013 (PDF: 1064Kb)
22 October 2013
- Quarterly consumer report July 2013 (PDF: 2230Kb)
23 July 2013
- Quarterly consumer report April 2013 (PDF: 2056Kb)
22 April 2013
- Quarterly consumer report February 2013 (PDF: 2047Kb)
12 February 2013
- Quarterly Consumer report October 2012 (PDF: 1466Kb)
22 October 2012
- Quarterly consumer report July 2012 (PDF: 3360Kb)
24 July 2012
PDF files require Adobe Acrobat Reader software (opens in a new window).