Baby monitors: Best Buys
Want to keep an eye on your baby?
When buying a baby monitor, you want to be certain that it's reliable so you will always know your baby is safe. Which? is here to ensure you choose the best baby monitor by testing the latest models from top brands such as Tommee Tippee, LeapFrog and Samsung.
We've tested traditional and video baby monitors both in the labs and a real home environment, looking at all aspects from sound quality to ease of use.
- It's important to know you can hear your baby at a distance, so our Best Buys have the best range and reception.
- A Which? Best Buy baby monitor has great sound quality, so we mark down monitors that have crackles, fuzziness or interference from other devices.
- There’s nothing worse than the worry that the battery may run out, so we make sure our Best Buys have the best battery life.
Feel confident that you've made the right decision on the right baby monitor for you (and avoid wasting money on a product that won't get used) with a trial to Which?.
Video guide: What makes a Which? Best Buy?
Baby monitor reviews you can trust
All our Best Buys have good sound quality and range with no interference and a good battery life, and they are easy to use so you can rest easy knowing your baby is safe. With baby monitors costing as much as £159, our insight and testing can help you avoid spending money on products that don't deliver on their promise, and are cheaper too.
Which? is independent - we work for you, the consumer, so you can be sure that our product recommendations are influenced only by our test results. We don't take advertising and we buy all the products that we test. This means that as well as recommending great products, we can highlight the ones to avoid.
More ways to save money
Which? reviews thousands of products and services each year, shedding light on the best and worst to help you with your everyday decisions. Choosing a baby monitor is only one of many buying decisions that have to be made in the course of parenthood, and we can be with you every step of the way. With advice and reviews on everything from cot beds for the first year to travel insurance for the gap year, and everything in between, Which? can help you save.
Try a £1 trial membership, and you'll receive access to all our online content and get Which? magazine delivered monthly to your door. You can also phone our Which? Legal Service and personal finance experts for one-to-one help, plus you'll get access to Which? Local, where members share recommendations for the best services in your area.
- Reviews of 31 Baby monitors: digital, analogue and video baby monitors reviewed
- 5 Best Buy baby monitors that provide peace of mind for baby and you
- Reviews of baby monitors from 15 companies