High chairs: Best Buys
Want to find the best high chair for stress-free mealtimes?
At Which? we put high chairs through rigorous safety and ease-of-use testing by lab experts, and then ask our panel of parents and their babies to try them out - to find the models that really will take the stress out of feeding time.
Which? spends £12,000 testing the strength and stability of every high chair reviewed, ensuring that it's as safe and as durable as it should be to hold your little one for mealtimes and playtime.
- We carry out more than 35 different safety and durability tests, checking for finger traps and tipping hazards, sturdy locking mechanisms and strong trays to keep baby secure.
- We smear each high chair with stew and pudding to find the bad ones with nooks where food can hide, and reveal those that are quick and easy to clean.
- And we reveal the high chairs that are too heavy and bulky to move about quickly and easily.
We've got Best Buy high chairs for every bottom, and they aren’t always the most expensive. Find out which models we recommend with a £1 trial to Which?.
Video guide: What makes a Which? Best Buy?
High chair reviews you can trust
We ask real parents and their children to test high chairs from the biggest brands to ensure that they are practical to use and suitable for a range of lifestyles. And we make sure they are all tested in the same way, rating how easy each high chair is to assemble, settle your baby into securely, fold and unfold, move, store and adjust, so you can easily compare the pros and cons of different models.
Which? is independent - we work for you, the consumer, so you can be sure that our product recommendations are influenced only by our test results. We don't take advertising and we buy all the products that we test ourselves, so our advice helps you to make the right choice first time and avoid costly mistakes.
More ways to save money
Which? reviews thousands of products and services each year, shedding the light on the best and worst, and helping you with your everyday decisions. With advice and reviews on everything from energy suppliers and high street shops to pushchairs and mobile phones, Which? can help you save money.
Try a £1 trial membership, and you'll receive access to all our online content and get Which? magazine delivered monthly to your door. You can also phone our Which? Legal Service and personal finance experts for one-to-one help, plus you'll get access to Which? Local, where members share recommendations for the best services in your area.
- Reviews of 30 high chairs: booster, combination, convertible, lightweight-folding, multifunctional and table seats.
- 4 Best Buy high chairs
- Reviews of high chairs from 22 companies.