High chairs: Best Buys
Want to find the best high chair for stress-free mealtimes?
At Which? we put high chairs through rigorous safety and ease-of-use testing by lab experts, parents and their babies to find the models that take the stress out of mealtimes.
Only Which? tests the strength and stability of every high chair it reviews, ensuring that it's as safe and as durable as it should be to hold your baby for mealtimes and playtime.
- We carry out more than 35 different safety and durability tests, checking for finger traps and tipping hazards, sturdy locking mechanisms and strong trays to keep baby secure.
- We smear each high chair with lamb stew and apple and pear pudding to find the ones with trays, padding and straps that you'll find easy to keep stain-free and gleaming with the minimum of effort.
- We reveal the high chairs that will act as a sanctuary for discarded finger foods and crumbs because they're too heavy or cumbersome to move to clean underneath.
We've got Best Buy high chairs for every bottom, and they aren’t always the most expensive. Find out which models we recommend with a £1 trial to Which?.
Video guide: What makes a Which? Best Buy high chair?
High chair reviews you can trust
We ask real parents and their children to test high chairs from the biggest brands to ensure that they are practical to use and suitable for a range of lifestyles. And we make sure they are all tested in the same way, rating how easy each high chair is to assemble, settle your baby into securely, fold and unfold, move, store and adjust, so you can easily compare the pros and cons of different models.
Which? is independent - we work for you, the consumer, so you can be sure that our product recommendations are influenced only by our test results. We don't take advertising and we buy all the products that we test ourselves, so our advice helps you to make the right choice first time and avoid costly mistakes.
More ways to save money
Which? reviews thousands of products and services each year, shedding the light on the best and worst and helping you with your everyday decisions. With advice and reviews on everything from energy suppliers and high street shops to pushchairs and mobile phones, Which? can help you save money.
Try a £1 trial membership, and you'll receive access to all our online content and get Which? magazine delivered monthly to your door. You can also phone our Which? Legal Service and personal finance experts for one-to-one help, plus you'll get access to Which? Local, where members share recommendations for the best services in your area.
- Reviews of 29 high chairs: booster seat, combination, convertible, lightweight-folding, multifunctional and table-seat.
- 5 Best Buy high chairs
- Reviews of high chairs from 21 companies.