When you’re pregnant it can feel like there’s a lot to do, but planning where to give birth can be easy. Here’s a list of all the labour wards and birth centres in the South East of England.
Wondering where your partner will park when you go into labour, or want to know how many women have a water birth at your local unit? We’ve got this information and more for most of the maternity units in the UK. Look up your local units in the list below to find out which is best for you.
- Cotswold Birth Centre, Chipping Norton Community Hospital
- Horton Midwifery-Led Unit, Horton Hospital
- The Delivery Suite, Basingstoke and North Hampshire Hospital
- The Delivery Suite, Royal Sussex County Hospital
- Aylesbury Birth Centre, Stoke Mandeville Hospital, Aylesbury
- Aylesbury Labour Ward, Stoke Mandeville Hospital, Aylesbury
- Wycombe Birth Centre, Wycombe Hospital
- Eastbourne Midwifery Led Unit, Eastbourne District General Hospital
- Central Delivery Suite, Royal Surrey County Hospital
- The Home from Home Midwifery Led Unit, Royal Surrey County Hospital
- The Delivery Suite, Conquest Hospital, St Leonards on Sea
- The Delivery Suite, Princess Royal Hospital
Isle of Wight
- The Labour Ward, St Mary’s Hospital
- Maidstone Birth Centre, Maidstone Hospital
- St Peter’s Midwife Led Unit, Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother Hospital
- The Labour Ward, Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother Hospital
- The Labour Ward, Milton Keynes University Hospital
- Oxford Spires Midwifery-led Unit, The John Radcliffe Hospital
- The Delivery Suite, The John Radcliffe Hospital
- Wallingford Community Midwifery-led Unit (St George’s Ward), Wallingford Community Hospital
- Wantage Midwifery Led Unit, Wantage Community Hospital
- Blake Birthing Centre, Gosport War Memorial Hospital
- Grange Maternity Centre, Petersfield Community Hospital
- The Labour Ward, Queen Alexandra Hospital
- The Mary Rose Birth Centre, Queen Alexandra Hospital
- Portsmouth Maternity Centre, St Mary’s Community Health Campus
- New Forest Birth Centre, Ashurst Hospital
- Broadlands Birth Centre, Princess Anne Hospital
- The Labour Ward, Princess Anne Hospital
- Crowborough Birthing Centre, Crowborough War Memorial Hospital
- The Delivery Suite, Tunbridge Wells Hospital
- Hampshire Hospitals Maternity Centre, Andover War Memorial Hospital
- The Labour Ward, Royal Hampshire County Hospital, Winchester
- The Delivery Suite, Worthing Hospital
If you aren’t able to find the unit you’re looking for check other nearby regions below.
Our Birth Choice tool
Our easy-to-use Birth Choice tool provides a shortlist of local labour wards and birth centres, based on your ideas about the kind of birth you want to have and your clinical circumstances such as your age and whether or not you’ve had a baby before. Just answer a few short questions to find out what’s available locally and whether giving birth at a labour ward, birth centre or at home is the best fit for you.
More from Which? Birth Choice
- Checklist for visiting your local maternity unit: It’s good to be prepared when you visit birth centres or labour wards. Read our checklist and ask the right questions.
- Home birth: Find out more about what it’s like to give birth at home, as well as what key things you should consider.
- Why choosing where to give birth matters: how the decision about where to have your baby can affect your birth experience.