[INSERT TODAY’S DATE]
[INSERT YOUR NAME AND ADDRESS]
[insert name and address of the firm that sold you the insurance and address it to the Complaints Manager]
Re: [insert your credit reference number and the policy number of your PPI e.g. Personal Loan reference ABCDEFG / Payment Protection Policy No: 123456]
I purchased the above policy from you in [insert month and year] in connection with the [mortgage/loan/credit card/store card/finance agreement] referenced above.
I believe that I was mis-sold this policy for the reason(s) given below, and wish you to investigate my complaint according to your normal complaint procedures.
[insert one or more of the following bullet points – whichever point(s) refer to you. Delete any points which are not relevant to you.]
- was not told that the insurance was optional.
- I was led to believe that my application for credit would be rejected if I did not take out the insurance.
- The policy exclusions were not explained to me either before or at the time I took out the insurance. I was therefore unable to make an informed decision as to whether this insurance was appropriate for me.
- I now believe the insurance was unsuitable for me as I was suffering from [insert name of any medical condition you had at the time you took out the policy] at the time I took out the policy and was not made aware of the specific exclusion which relates to pre-existing medical conditions.
- I now believe the insurance was unsuitable for me as I was [self employed / unemployed / in temporary employment / on a fixed term contract/retired] at the time I took out the policy and was not made aware of the specific exclusions relating to unemployment cover.
- The policy was unsuitable for me as I was over the maximum age of [insert maximum age].
- It was not explained to me that the policy premium would be paid upfront as a single premium and would be added to my debt and attract interest.
- The insurance [has expired / will expire] before my loan/credit agreement ends which means I [am paying / will be paying] interest on a policy which is no longer in force. This was not made clear to me at the time the policy was sold to me.
If my complaint is upheld I require a refund of all premiums paid to the policy, plus any additional interest charged to me because of the PPI. I would also like to claim statutory compensation in view of the fact that I have been deprived of the use of this money.
Please now investigate my complaint within the eight weeks allowed to you.
[SIGN YOUR NAME]
[TYPE YOUR NAME]