Disputes over unfair terms often concern money. If you don't read the small print, you could be in for a nasty surprise. But you do have protection from unfair terms. Our guides can help you challenge unfair contract terms.
- How to cancel a contract without being penalised
- How to complain about unfair contract terms
- I think there's an unfair term in my contract, what can I do?
In some cases, complaining to a company doesn’t resolve the issue. If you’re unhappy or feel you’re getting nowhere, you can contact an ombudsman. Read our guides to find out about the different ombudsman schemes.
- When to take a complaint to the ombudsman
- How to complain to an ombudsman
- Letter of deadlock request before going to the ombudsman
If you have a serious complaint about a company and are having difficulties getting it resolved, the small claims court may help. Our guides explain how the small claims court works and when it’s worth using it.
- When should I use the small claims court?
- How to use the small claims court
- Five facts you may not know about your consumer rights
Dealing with financial complaints can be a tricky business. Our guides can guide you through the complaints process and help you get the best results.
- Can I take my financial complaint to the financial ombudsman?
- How do I complain about a bad financial service?
- How to complain about Card Protection Plan (CPP)
- The Financial Services Regulations 2004