Barbecues: Best Buys
Which? Best Buy gas and charcoal barbecues cook deliciously tasty barbecue food with that distinctively chargrilled flavour. They’re well made, simple to build, sturdy to cook on and easy to move around your patio.
Video: What makes a Which? Best Buy barbecue
Time to banish your BBQ blues?
Firing up the first barbecue of the year is often the sign that summer’s officially arrived. But if your barbecue has been rusting away in the shed over the winter months, it may be time to invest in a new one.
We test gas and charcoal barbecues from big brands such as Weber and Outback, as well as own label models from the likes of B&Q and Homebase, to reveal sizzling Best Buys that cook great-tasting food. So whether you want a barbecue that will grill, roast, fry or boil, and whether you fancy a large gas three-burner or a charcoal kettle, our in-depth barbecue reviews have got it covered.
- We build each barbecue at our test labs and rate its quality of finish, to help you choose a well-made barbecue that won’t take you too much time or effort to assemble.
- Our independent expert chef cooks and rates the tastiness of sausages and marinated chicken, so you can be sure your Best Buy barbecue will cook deliciously moist and tender food that’s packed with that distinctively chargrilled taste.
- We reveal the flimsy barbecues that will leave your sausages burnt and your chicken dray and tasteless.
- Reviews of 14 gas and charcoal barbecues.
- 3 Best Buy barbecues for perfect grilling.
- Reviews of barbecues from 5 companies.
Barbecue reviews you can trust
Some barbecues are packed with fancy features but offer up tasteless and dry food. Others look basic but cook delicious barbecue fare. You can’t tell how food a barbecue is just by look at it, so we cook on every gas and charcoal barbecue we test to help you choose the one that will make your barbecue summer.
Which? is independent - we work for you, the consumer, so you can be sure that our product recommendations are influenced only by our test results. We don't take advertising and we buy all the products that we test ourselves, so our advice helps you to make the right choice first time and avoid costly mistakes.
More ways to save money
Which? reviews thousands of products and services each year, shedding the light on the best and worst and helping you with your everyday decisions. With advice and reviews on everything from energy suppliers and high street shops to ebook readers, cars and mobile phones, Which? can help you save money.
Try a £1 trial membership and you'll receive access to all our online content and get Which? magazine delivered monthly to your door. You can also phone our Which? Legal Service and personal finance experts for one-to-one help, plus you'll get access to Which? Local, where members share recommendations for the best services in your area.