Barbecues: Best Buys
Banish those barbecue blues?
Firing up the first barbecue of the year is often the sign that summer’s officially arrived. But if your barbecue has been rusting away in the shed over the winter months, it may be time to invest in a new one.
We test gas and charcoal barbecues from big brands like Weber and Outback to reveal sizzling Best Buys that cook great-tasting food. So whether you want a barbecue that will grill, roast, fry or boil, and whether you fancy a large gas three-burner or a charcoal kettle, our in-depth barbecue reviews have got it covered.
- At our test labs, we build each barbecue and assess its quality of finish, to help you choose a well-made model that won’t take you too much time or effort to assemble.
- Our expert chef cooks and rates the tastiness of sausages and marinated chicken, so you can be sure your Best Buy barbecue will cook deliciously moist and tender food that’s packed with that distinctively char-grilled taste.
- We reveal the poor-performing barbecues that you’ll find flimsy to cook on and will leave your sausages burnt and your chicken dry and tasteless.
Find out which barbecues make the grade as Best Buys with a £1 trial to Which?
What makes a Which? Best Buy?
We test thousands of products each year at Which? in a controlled environment that enables us to accurately repeat each test on each product - meaning our reviews are directly comparable. We buy the products we test ourselves, and go through great lengths to shape our test programmes to match the way you use the products.
Find out more about how we test products and how we find the models that deserve to be Best Buys in the video below.
Barbecue reviews you can trust
Some barbecues are packed with high-spec features, but their cooking performance doesn't measure up to their stylish design. Others look basic but cook delicious food. You can't tell how good a barbecue is just by looking at it – we cook on every barbecue we test so we can reveal the ones that will make your barbecue summer.
Which? is independent - we work for you, the consumer, so you can be sure that our product recommendations are influenced only by our test results. We don't take advertising and we buy all the products that we test ourselves, so our advice helps you to make the right choice first time and avoid costly mistakes.
More ways to save money
With advice and reviews on everything from energy suppliers and high street shops to ebook readers, cars and mobile phones, Which? can help you save money.
Try a £1 trial membership, and you'll receive access to all our online content and get Which? magazine delivered monthly to your door. You can also phone our Which? Legal Service and personal finance experts for one-to-one help, plus you'll get access to Which? Local, where members share recommendations for the best services in your area.
- Reviews of 23 gas and charcoal barbecues.
- 5 Best Buy barbecues for perfect grilling.
- Reviews of barbecues from 10 companies.