Best cooker brands Beko cookers
Turkish brand Beko came to the UK and Ireland in 1990 and offers a wide range of gas and electric cookers and one dual fuel cooker as well as built-in ovens.
One of the Beko freestanding cookers, the Beko BA51NEWP, has the grill up top, while the Beko BDV1668X cooker includes a catalytic liner for self cleaning.
We’ve run extensive tests on the most popular Beko electric and gas cookers, plus a dual fuel cooker. To find out how each scored individually, visit our Beko cooker reviews, and if you're unsure which type to get, take a look at our guide to choosing the best cooker.
How much do Beko cookers cost?
Beko cookers occupy the cheaper end of the cooker market, typically costing between £200 and £380, so Beko cookers don't have a lot of extra features. But does low prices mean low performance?
Which? verdict on Beko cookers
We've analysed the results of every Beko cooker we've tested since 2008 to see whether its cookers are worth the money.
In the table below, we've outlined how many of Beko's models have been Best Buys, and highlighted the brand's overall pros and cons. You can also see our expert verdict on whether we think you should buy a Beko cooker.
We’ve tested cookers ranging in price from around £150 to just over £1,000, but our Best Buy freestanding cookers start at around £300.
When rating cookers we look at a number of element:
- Oven - we use probes to test the accuracy of the temperature controls and bake cakes to check the evenness of baking at different levels in the oven. A good oven will produce evenly raised golden cakes no matter where they are placed in the oven.
- Hob - we heat a frying pan to 200°C then take a thermal image photograph to show the spread of heat across the hob. The best models will show even-heat distribution - meaning food will be cooked more evenly. We also see how quickly each model can heat a pan of boiling water and test the hob’s simmering ability by cooking rice pudding.
- Grill - we cover the grill tray with crustless white bread, place it under a hot grill and assess the size and evenness of the toasted area. Some poorly performing grills only manage to toast about 50% of the bread.
- Cleaning - we let a pan of rice water boiler over and heat a frying pan of oil so fat splatters on the hob. We also use chicken fat to dirty the inside of the oven and leave all these soils overnight. We then attempt to clean the oven using warm water, washing up liquid and a heavy duty scrub sponge. The best models can be cleaned up in a jiffy, while the worst will leave you scrubbing.
Read full reviews of cookers to find out how many in total have been awarded Best Buy or Don’t Buy status, in the Which? cooker reviews.
As well as Best Buy freestanding cookers, we’ve also got Best Buys if you’re looking for a range cooker or built-in oven.
- Discover which models are Best Buy cookers
- Find out more about cooker features
- See more about how we test cookers
Get Which? reviews and advice
Expert impartial reviewsWhen you sign up, you'll get access to this exclusive review as well as thousands of others.
Why use Which?We test products in the way you use them, looking at quality and ease of use without being bamboozled by manufacturers' claims.
IndependentWhich? is unbiased. We buy every product we test and don't accept any advertising.
Advice you can trustWhen you join Which? you get a monthly magazine, you can phone our legal service and money helpline, and you can access Which? Local, where members share recommendations for services in your area.
Ready to become a Which? member? Then take out a trial subscription today.