Washing-up liquid Test results
We've tested washing-up liquid since 1959 and have developed a series of tests since then to ensure that we only award Best Buy washing-up liquid status to the detergent that gets dishes clean in the way you'd use it in your house.
Washing-up liquid test results
|Washing up liquid test results|
|Washing up liquid||Stated volume||Price||Fat removing power||Foam duration||Thickness of liquid||Value for money||Score|
|Aldi Magnum Premium Eucalyptus Antibacterial||500ml||69p|
|Ecover Ecological Camomile & Marigold||500ml||£1.50|
|Fairy Clean & Care Aloe Vera & Cucumber||433ml||£1.80|
|Lidl W5 Concentrate Antibacterial Hygienically Clean||500ml||69p|
|Method Dish Soap Clementine||532ml||£3|
|Persil Lemon Burst||500ml||£1|
|Tesco Daisy Original||500ml||59p|
|Tesco Lime & Lemongrass Antibacterial||500ml||£1.11|
|The Co-operative Ecological Concentrated||500ml||£1.09|
|The Co-operative Original Concentrated||450ml||90p|
Using the table
• Price: What we paid for our samples. Prices correct at July 2011.
• Fat removal: How well liquids removed grease and kept it suspended in water, rather than letting it escape back on to dishes.
• Foam duration: Plates were smeared with fats, proteins and carbohydrates. Ratings reflect how many plates 2ml of liquid cleaned before foam disappeared.
• Thickness of liquid: How close the liquid is to the ideal consistency. Liquids should not be so runny that they don’t stay on a sponge, or so thick that they don’t disperse in the bowl.
• Value for money: Takes into account price and fat-removal
• Score: The Which? test score is made up of: fat removing power 70%, foam duration 20%, thickness of liquid 10%