Coffee machines: Best Buys
Best Buy coffee machines make the top grade in espresso taste, aroma and appearance.
Want to make the perfect cup of coffee at home?
If a great cup of espresso gets you going, then a coffee machine is the perfect addition to your kitchen. But how can you tell which one of the hundreds available to go for?
At Which? we spend more than £1,000 testing each model, and our Best Buy coffee machines make the top grade in espresso taste, aroma and appearance.
- We combine unique expert lab testing with taste test ratings from an industry expert to help identify the best coffee machines
- We test coffee machines more thoroughly than anyone else. Which? makes hundreds of espresso shots every year and records more than 160 pieces of data for each model
- Which? tests reveal the energy costs of running a coffee machine, and we look beyond the marketing claims, to show you exactly how much it will cost to make your own espresso
Find the right coffee machine for you, and avoid wasting money on one that won’t deliver an excellent espresso, with a £1 trial to Which?
What makes a Which? Best Buy?
Watch our video to find out why choosing a Best Buy coffee machine will make a real difference to how much you enjoy using the machine, and drinking the coffee it makes.
Coffee machine reviews you can trust
When we test coffee machines we ask Giles Hilton, a member of the Specialist Coffee Association, to provide his expert opinion. We test whether the machines regularly and reliably make at least 30ml of coffee, with a good crema (the froth on top of a black espresso) and aroma. We test the temperature of the coffee, and also how easy the machines are to use and clean.
Which? is independent - we work for you, the consumer, so you can be sure that our product recommendations are influenced only by our test results. We don't take advertising and we buy all the products we test. This means that as well as recommending great coffee machines, we can highlight the ones to avoid.
More ways to save money
Which? reviews thousands of products and services each year, shedding the light on the best and worst and helping you with your everyday decisions. With advice and reviews on everything from freestanding cookers to vacuum cleaners, Which? can help you save money.
Try a £1 trial membership, and you'll receive access to all our online content and get Which? magazine delivered monthly to your door. You can also phone our Which? Legal Service and personal finance experts for one-to-one help, plus you'll get access to Which? Local, where members share recommendations for the best services in your area.
- Reviews of 94 espresso machines: traditional, Nespresso, Dolce Gusto and ESE coffee pods
- 20 Best Buy espresso machines for great tasting coffee
- Reviews of espresso machines from 21companies