Credit card companies: Halifax credit card review
=12th out of 32 credit card providers
Halifax credit card
Halifax, the third largest credit card provider in the UK, gets around average for customer score in our credit card satisfaction survey. The lender has a lot to offer across its range of cards, though - with a market leading 0% balance transfer deal (40 months) and a top rate (6.4% APR) for its Low Rate Credit Card. It contends less well for rewards and cashback.
Halifax credit card highlights
- Top balance transfer card
- It's 'Clarity' cards make no additional charge for overseas spending
- 'Low Rate' credit card charges one of the best available rates (6.4% APR)
Visit the Which? Money Compare credit card comparison tables to find out how they compare.
|Halifax credit card satisfaction|
|Keeping you up to date with new deals|
|Communication of changes to terms and conditions|
|Clarity of statement|
|Transparency of charges and penalties|
|Dealing with queries and complaints|
|Rewards and cash back|
|Ability to manage online|
|Ability to manage by telephone banking|
|Charges for using your credit card abroad|
- Star ratings out of five show levels of satisfaction for each category.
- Where no stars are given, we received too few responses in our survey to award a score.
How we calculate these ratings
Credit card providers chosen for our Which? brand reviews are based on the most popular brands searched for online.
Customer scores are based on an online survey of the public, which received 5,191 responses in total. They are calculated using a combination of overall satisfaction and the likelihood of recommending the provider to a friend.
Star ratings shown for each category are scored independently of the customer score. These surveys are carried out every six months and customer scores are updated accordingly. Providers must receive a minimum sample size of 30 respondents to be included in our customer satisfaction tables.
- Which? Money Compare credit card comparison tables - check out some of the best cards on the market with Which? Money Compare
- Credit card customer satisfaction - find out how your credit card provider ranks for customer satisfaction
- Which? Recommended Providers - find out how credit card companies qualify for the Which? seal of approval
Which? Limited (registered in England and Wales number 00677665) is an Introducer Appointed Representative of Which? Financial Services Limited (registered in England and Wales number 07239342). Which? Financial Services Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 527029). Which? Mortgage Advisers and Which? Money Compare are trading names of Which? Financial Services Limited. Registered office: 2 Marylebone Road, London NW1 4DF.