Do I need wedding insurance? 10 ways to cut the cost of your wedding
There are plenty of things you can do to keep your wedding costs down and still enjoy a fantastic day. here are 10 top tips:
- Work out your budget and stick to it.
- Check the Which? Money Compare tables to find the best place for your savings.
- Pay for anything that costs more than £100 and up to £30,000 with a credit card so you can claim under Section 75 if there is a breach of contract.
- For smaller payments use a debit card so you can get protection via the Chargeback schemes operated by Visa and MasterCard.
- Get married on a weekday – it’s cheaper.
- Check your policy to find out what you are covered for.
- Try to negotiate on costs as suppliers may be willing to strike a deal when business is slow.
- Ask friends or relatives to help out with aspects such as the wedding cake, music or flowers.
- Have a buffet at the reception instead of a sit-down meal.
- Make your own wedding stationery, such as invitations and menus.
- Need individual help on wedding insurance- call the Which? Money Helpline
- Moving to a new place? Check out our guide on Getting discounts on products
- Check out our guide on What the wedding insurance policy will cover
Which? Limited (registered in England and Wales number 00677665) is an Introducer Appointed Representative of Which? Financial Services Limited (registered in England and Wales number 07239342). Which? Financial Services Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 527029). Which? Mortgage Advisers and Which? Money Compare are trading names of Which? Financial Services Limited. Registered office: 2 Marylebone Road, London NW1 4DF.