Phones on fireO2 recalls mobiles over fire risk

23 March 2006

Mobile giant O2 is recalling one of its phones over fears it could overheat and burst into flames.

The company says it's had a small number of reports of O2 X1 mobile phones overheating while charging.

The phone was first sold in the UK in September 2003. Anyone with an O2 X1 mobile phone is asked to return it to the company - together with the battery and charger - for a free replacement phone.

The O2 X1i and O2 X1b aren't affected by the recall. For details of how to return the phone, see the O2 site or call 0800 902 0212.