Naan bread recalled over glass fearsSainsbury's and Morrisons recall affected batches
18 December 2007
Supermarket chains Sainsbury's and Morrisons have recalled certain batches of their own-brand naan bread over fears they could contain fragments of glass.
The bread was manufactured by Patak's Breads Limited (Cumbernauld) where the source of the potential contamination has been identified.
The Food Standards Agency says the risk of glass being present in the naan bread is very low.
However, if people have any of the potentially affected products at home they should return them to their nearest store for a refund.
The affected batches are:
- Taste The Difference 2 Plain Naan, best before 20 December
- Taste The Difference 2 Garlic & Coriander Naan, best before 20 December
- 2 Peshwari Naan, best before 20, 21, 22, or 23 December
- 6 Garlic & Coriander Mini Naan, best before 23 December.
- 2 Plain Naan, best before 26 or 27 December
- 4 Plain Mini Naan, best before 24, 25, or 26 December
- 2 Garlic & Coriander Naan, best before 24, 25, 26, or 27 December
- 4 Garlic & Coriander Mini Naan, best before 24, 25, 26 or 27 December.
No other Patak’s, Sainsbury’s or Morrisons products are known to be affected.