O2 unveils Joggler digital home organiser Touch screen multi-media organiser launched by O2
06 March 2009
O2 has launched the O2 Joggler - a digital home organiser device it claims will 'transform the way families manage their busy lives.'
The 7-inch digital photo frame style device contains a digital calendar for organising appointments and can send text message reminders to family members with an O2 mobile phone when an event is coming up.
Find out how O2 customers rate O2 in our Which? guide to the best mobile phone networks.
O2 is billing the Joggler as the 'digital evolution' of the traditional family wall calendar and is available to customers on all UK networks.
As well as calendar features, the Joggler can connect to the internet either wirelessly or using an ethernet cable and offers the following extra features:
- Weather updates from Sky News Weather
- Traffic black spot updates from Trafficmaster. O2 Joggler remembers the last place that was looked at and centres its traffic information around this location
- News and sports headlines from Sky News and Sky Sports
- Photo display - the O2 Joggler can also be used as a digital photo frame. Up to 200 photos can be stored on the internal 1GB memory or through an external USB memory
- Music and video playback - play up to 100 songs or videos stored on the device memory using the O2 Joggler’s built-in speakers or through a home PC
- Games - the Joggler will initially offer Sudoku, but O2 promises more games will become available in future
- Alarm clock
O2 also plans to add internet radio playback and a text messaging to the device in future. The O2 Joggler will let customers send 50 text messages every month to any mobile phone in the UK for free. O2 also says it will be possible to send texts to the O2 Joggler from any UK mobile phone.
Joggler price and availability
The O2 Joggler will be available from early April 2009 from O2 stores and from the O2 online shop, priced at £149.99, or free if taken instead of a mobile phone handset at upgrade.
Which? RSS news feed
For daily consumer news, subscribe to the Which? news RSS feed here. If you have an older web browser you may need to copy and paste this link into your newsreader: http://www.which.co.uk/feeds/reviews/news.xml . Find out more about RSS in the Which? guide to news feeds.
Sign up to the weekly Which? technology email
Keep your finger on the pulse of digital technology with the weekly email from the Which? Technology team.
Every Tuesday we'll send you the latest news and reviews of MP3 players, mobile phones, cameras, high-definition TVs and other gadgets.
Packed with the latest product launches, First Look reviews, expert advice and some incredible deals - can you afford not to be the first to find out?
Plus there are regular prize draws - we've already given away a 32GB iPod Touch.