With a seven-inch LCD display doubling up as a digital photo frame, ‘LED tower lighting’ and a zone that can switch between freezing and cooling, this new Samsung fridge freezer is one for gadget fans
New Samsung fridge freezer
The RL55VQBRS is a ‘premium fridge freezer offering style and flexibility’ – with a plethora of hi-tech features to match, according to the company, including:
- LCD touch screen for controls, timer and displaying messages, with a SD card slot for uploading and displaying photos.
- ‘Energy-saving’ LED lighting inside the fridge freezer.
- CoolSelect Zone – a compartment letting you can choose the temperature setting depending on what you want to store, from ‘soft freeze’ to ‘quick cool’.
- ‘Blue glow’ handle lighting.
- Flat back, reversible door and foldable shelves.
- Stainless steel finish.
- Frost free technology.
The fridge freezer is on sale now, and costs from around £840.
Which? first impressions
Which? refrigeration expert Carole Shepherdson says: ‘The LCD display doubling up as a digital photo frame is a nice finishing touch on this high-spec fridge freezer – but refrigeration gimmicks aren’t new.
‘Some, like water and ice dispensers, can even become common fridge freezer accessories over time. We’ve also recently seen the launch of a ‘talking’ fridge freezer from Gorenje and previously tested a fridge with a built-in espresso maker from Whirlpool.’
If you’re looking for a new fridge freezer, take a look at our in-depth and comprehensive reviews of the latest fridge freezers on the market – including seven Samsung models. Plus, our fridge freezer video buying guide has some top shopping tips.