Tech podcast: trade-in for cheaper DAB radiosDigital radio buying tips and X-mini Happy
29 May 2010
This week's Which? tech podcast takes a close look at the digital radio scrappage scheme which offers 20% off a new DAB radio when consumers trade in an old analogue radio.
We interview Ford Ennals from Digital Radio UK to investigate how the analogue to digital radio switchover is gaining pace, and the impacts of the newly announced trade-in scheme. We've also got our top tips on how to choose the digital radio that's right for you.
And in the weekly news round-up:
- What's happening with Facebook's privacy controls, and why thousands of people have signed up for Quit Facebook Day
- Which tech brands won 2010's Which? Awards?
- How can you rent TV shows and series online with SeeSaw?
Our featured gadget of the week is a portable battery-powered speaker - the X-mini Happy. It connects to MP3 players, mobile phones or netbooks, or has got a built-in SD card slot for playing audio files. Find out whether this tiny speaker can deliver a big sound, and how usable its MP3 functions are.
It's all in this week's Which? tech podcast. Hit the play button to listen or use the arrows to scroll through the podcast archive to see every available edition from the past year.
- Which? news: Cheap DAB radios in 'Radio Amnesty'
- Which? news: Which? Awards 2010 - tech award winners
- Which? news: SeeSaw launches online TV rental service
- Watch the Which? digital radio buyers' guide video
- Which? first look review: X-mini Happy portable MP3 player speaker
How to follow the latest Which? Tech news
Are you a Twitter user? Follow WhichTech on Twitter for regular tech tweets.
Prefer RSS? Don't miss a thing with the Which? tech RSS feed.
For just the main headlines in newsletter form, sign-up to our weekly Which? tech email.
Apple iPad 2 3G data plans compared - find the best 3G plan for your iPad
Best Android tablets round-up - we look at the best iPad alternatives around
Best cheap laptops for under £500 - find the best laptop deals