Which? has been scouring the web this week for the best online deals on an ice cream maker from celebrity chef Gino D’Acampo.
Using an ice cream maker, like this model from chef Gino D’Acampo, is surprisingly straightforward – giving you the chance to tailor-make flavoured ice cream at home, and a great form of summer holiday entertainment for the kids.
This deal isn’t too bad on the bank balance either. Head to Robert Dyas to buy this ice cream maker for £29.99, 50% off the RRP (you’ll need to factor in an extra £5.25 delivery charge if you order online).
Gino D’Acampo ice-cream maker
The Gino D’Acampo ice cream maker is a black, bucket-shaped machine with a freezer bowl, which needs to be pre-frozen in advance of making your ice-cream mixture.
It’s recently back from the Which? test lab – you can read our verdict on this and other popular ice cream makers including the new Duo Cuisinart ice cream maker. In the Which? test lab we take a look at how quick and easy each ice cream maker is to use and clean – and sample how good the ice cream it makes is, of course.
How to make ice-cream
Our ice cream makers review also has information on how to make ice cream, recipes and how to make the most of seasonal fruits – see the ‘Making ice cream’ page. Here are some more top tips:
- Always store ice cream in the centre of the freezer where the temperature is most constant.
- Its fresh ingredients and lack of preservatives mean that home-made ice cream should be eaten within a week.
- Before serving, leave at room temperature for 15 minutes or in the fridge for 30 minutes to let flavours develop.
- Alcohol doesn’t freeze well at normal freezer temperatures, so don’t be tempted to use too much.
- Never refreeze ice cream: you run the risk of food poisoning, and the texture will deteriorate.
Deal of the week
Spotted it for less elsewhere? Found a great bargain on an ice cream maker? Let us know – email email@example.com with the details and we’ll update this page.
All prices correct as of 12pm, 3 August 2010.