Get set for summer with our top shopping deal this week – this ice cream maker from celebrity chef Gino D’Acampo is down to just £19.99 from its original £59.99 RRP. Here’s where to find it.
Using an ice cream maker, like this model from chef Gino D’Acampo, is surprisingly straightforward – giving you the chance to tailor-make flavoured ice cream at home.
We originally featured this model as our ‘deal of the week’ last summer, when our eagle-eyed shoppers spotted it on offer for £29.99. This time round we’ve found it for even less.
Head to Robert Dyas to get hold of one for just £19.99. Shop on the high street to avoid the extra £4.99 online delivery cost (free delivery is available for purchases over £30).
Gino D’Acampo ice cream maker
The Gino D’Acampo ice cream maker is a black, bucket-shaped machine with a freezer bowl, which needs to be pre-frozen in advance of making your ice-cream mixture. When we tested it out, we liked that it was operated by a single switch, making it easy to set up and use.
During Which? ice cream maker lab tests, we take a look at how quick and easy each model is to operate and clean – and sample how good the ice cream it makes tastes, of course.
You can read full verdict on the Gino D’Acampo model and compare how it fared against ice cream makers from brands including Cuisinart, Gaggia and Magimix.
How to make ice-cream
For ice cream recipes and ideas, take a look at our guide on how to make ice cream. Here’s some more tips:
- Store ice cream in the centre of the freezer where the temperature is most constant.
- Before serving, leave at room temperature for 15 minutes, or in the fridge for 30 minutes to let flavours develop.
- Home-made ice cream should be eaten within a week, due to its fresh ingredients and lack of preservatives.
- Never refreeze ice cream: you run the risk of food poisoning, and the texture will deteriorate.
- Alcohol doesn’t freeze well at normal freezer temperatures, so don’t be tempted to use too much.
Deal of the week
Spotted it for less elsewhere? Found a great bargain on an ice-cream maker? Let us know – email email@example.com with the details and we’ll update this page.
All prices correct as of 9am, 8 June 2011.