Top picks from the new Argos catalogue2011 Argos catalogue for autumn/winter launched
02 August 2011
The new Argos catalogue has hit stores for autumn/winter 2011, so we've been taking a look at the products and deals it has to offer.
The 76th Argos catalogue, out now, has 'frozen or lowered' prices on 10,000 items and features 8,000 new products - taking the total number of listed items to more than 22,000.
Argos is continuing with its 'Wow' deals - products that are either low price or come with free gifts or accessories - as well as its own brand Value range of kitchen gadgets and homewares.
In our kitchen appliance section you'll find reviews of numerous Argos products we've tested.
New Argos catalogue
We had a look through the Argos catalogue and website - here are some of the offers that caught our eye.
- Three for two on selected items from Argos' Colour Match range - a collection of kitchen, bathroom, bedroom and other homewares available in coordinating colours and styles.
- Over 600 'Wow' offers on products including a Bosch cordless drill with free spare battery and drill bit set (£49.99) and a Mamas and Papas child car seat (£59.99) and Tempo pushchair (£79.99).
- Bright colours - in particular purple - appear to be the season trend for small kitchen gadgets.
- Up to 35% off available on Indesit and Hotpoint oven, hob and cooker hood packages.
- The 300-strong Value range includes kettle, toaster, slow cooker, mini oven, fryer and breadmaker - prices start at £4.99.
- Selected Breville, Morphy Richards and Tefal toasters half-price when you buy the matching kettle.
- A new range of kidswear and babywear, and 5,000 books with 20% off the RRP.
Shopping at Argos
Which? has reviewed and rated a range of Argos products - including a Colour Match microwave, Cookworks Signature kettle, and matching white Value range toaster, kettle and breadmaker.
The new Argos catalogue is available to pick up from more than 750 Argos stores nationwide. Alternatively you can shop via the Argos website, through its iPhone app or its new mobile site - look out for scannable QR codes in the catalogue.
Argos has also recently launched Argos TV, a new 24-hour shopping channel on Sky channel 642 or online at argos.co.uk/tv which showcases new products and deals.
Which? shopping expert Alice Judd says: 'Argos can be a good place to find competitive prices, but always shop around before you buy to find the best value option.'