Shoppers are promised a weekend of deals and discounts as shops open their doors for the Black Friday sales.
Apple has joined Amazon, Comet and scores of other shops hoping to tempt shoppers with the promise of big-name bargains in time for Christmas.
Best day for bargains
Which? shopping expert Matt Clear said: ‘Black Friday is the biggest shopping day of the year in the US – it’s the day after Thanksgiving and a time when shops slash prices on big-name products
‘Black Friday fever has now spread to the UK where deals have been running all week – but we’re expecting today to be the best day for picking up a bargain.’
Make the most of the sales
If you’re tempted by a bargain appliance or a cut-price kitchen gadget, check out our Which? reviews before you part with your cash.
We’ve tested 1000s of products, and our unbiased advice could help you avoid a costly mistake.
Black Friday deals – who’s taking part?
Shops offering discounts include:
- Amazon – time-limited ‘Lightning Deals’ throughout the day include deals on the , the Samsung SMT-S7800 Freesat HD TV Recorder and the FujiFilm FinePix F80EXR digital camera
- Apple – deals include £31 off the iPad 2, £15 off the and £81 off the
- Asda Direct – four-day ‘Cyber Deals’ weekend
- Babies R Us – ‘20% off’ until Sunday 27 November
- BHS – ‘buy 1 get 1 half price’ on everything until Sunday 27 November.
- Comet – offering discounts of up to 50% in its ‘5 Day Frenzy’.
- Early Learning Centre – ‘3 for 2’ on toys.
- Laura Ashley – ‘25% off everything’ until Sunday 27 November.
- PC World ‘100 hour price crash’ online only
- Toys R Us – ‘selected toys half price’ until Sunday 27 November.
- Wallis – ‘25% off everything’ online.