Two deep-fat fryers have earned Best Buy awards in the latest round of Which? testing.
Nine new fryers were tested, including models from leading brands such as Tefal, DeLonghi and Breville.
Which? fryers expert Matt Clear said: ‘We’re seeing quite a few fryers now with innovative features which set them apart from the pack. For example, the Philips Airfryer only requires a very small amount of oil to cook with, and the Tefal Oleoclean Deluxe has a clever filter and drainage system which is designed to take the strain out of emptying oil from the fryer.’
Tested on chips and scampi
Which? fryer reviews cover everything you need to know about a deep-fat fryer, from heat-up and cooking times to quality of cooked food to how easy the fryers are to clean. We cook both chips and scampi in our tests to see how the fryers perform at different temperatures and on different types of food.
While one fryer was able to produce golden-brown chips in under ten minutes, some left us with soggy chips, were fiddly to clean, or took over half an hour to cook chips.
The full list of new fryers we’ve just tested is:
- Argos Cookworks 423/3275
- Breville VDF054
- Breville VDF064
- DeLonghi F26200
- DeLonghi RotoFry F28313.BK
- DeLonghi PremiumFry F34412CZ
- Philips Viva Airfryer HD9220/20
- Russell Hobbs Digital 17942
- Tefal Oleoclean Deluxe
- Best shops for buying homewares – find out which shops provide the best price and service for kitchen appliances like deep-fat fryers
- Latest kettle reviews – we’ve just tested 27 of the newest kettles on the market – find out which were good enough for a Best Buy award
- Video guide: Sunday lunch in a microwave – how to cook a Sunday roast in half the time it would take in an oven