Which? reveals seven new Best Buy kettlesKettles from Breville, Argos, Russell Hobbs tested
17 April 2012
Which? tests have uncovered seven new Best Buy kettles, including several models that will help you save money on your energy bills.
Three of the kettles can boil a single cup of water, which means that if you make only one cup of tea, you won't waste any energy boiling water that you don't need.
Which? kettles expert Matt Clear said: 'Kettles generally don't use much energy, but the one area where they do tend to waste energy is in boiling unnecessary water. It's good to see some manufacturers are addressing this by reducing the minimum amount you need to fill the kettle with.'
All of our kettle reviews show you how much energy the kettle uses to boil a litre of water and the minimum amount you need to fill the kettle with.
Continuing the current trend for colourful kitchen appliances, several of the new kettles are available in a range of colours. The Breville Opula is available in red, blue, purple, white and grey, while the Argos Colour Match kettle comes in red, cream or green.
A couple of kettles, like the Argos Cookworks 423/8438, have attractive polka dot designs.
New kettles tested
The full list of kettles tested is:
- Argos Colour Match 903/7562
- Argos Colour Match 423/8524
- Argos Colour Match 423/8490
- Argos Cookworks 423/8438
- Breville Opula VKJ565
- Breville Opula VKJ567
- Breville Opula VKJ568
- Breville Opula VKJ569
- Breville VKJ187
- John Lewis Bullet BSH95003
- Kenwood JKP210
- Morphy Richards Elipta 43940
- Morphy Richards Elipta 43941
- Next Pyramid 836-628-X49
- Next Pyramid 801-274-X49
- Next Pyramid 723-648-X49
- Russell Hobbs Windsor 18120
- Kettle reviews - over 150 kettles tested and reviewed
- Energy-saving kettles - Energy Saver Best Buy kettles that can help reduce your electricity bill
- Toaster reviews - find a Best Buy toaster to match your kettle