The latest Which? test of washing-up liquids has revealed four Best Buys, including two supermarket own-brands that cost less than £1 per bottle.
And one of those supermarket liquids is our top-scoring Best Buy, as well as being one of the cheapest products we tested.
That means that market-leading Fairy Original didn’t make the grade as our top-rated Best Buy. Our washing-up liquids review shows you how we rated Fairy, and what the four Best Buys are.
If you’re not already a Which? member, you can find out which are the best washing-up liquids as revealed by our expert tests by taking out a £1 trial subscription.
One Don’t Buy washing-up liquid
Not all cheap supermarket washing-up liquids proved to be good – one was bad enough to be rated a Don’t Buy.
It could only remove fat from nine plates before losing its effectiveness. The best liquids we tested washed more than twice that amount.
Washing-up liquids tested
The full list of washing-up liquids tested:
- Aldi Magnum Premium Eucalyptus Antibacterial, 69p (500ml)
- Aldi Magnum Premium Original, 59p (500ml)
- Ecover Camomile & Marigold, £1.50 (500ml)
- Ecover Lemon & Aloe Vera, £1.50 (500ml)
- Fairy Clean & Care Aloe Vera & Cucumber, £1.80 (433ml)
- Fairy Lemon, £1.25 (433ml)
- Fairy Original £1.25 (433ml)
- Lidl W5 Concentrate Antibacterial Hygienically Clean, 69p (500ml)
- Method Dish Soap Clementine, £3 (532ml)
- Persil Lemon Burst, £1 (500ml)
- Sainsbury’s Antibacterial, £1.20 (450ml)
- Sainsbury’s Lemon, 80p (450ml)
- Sainsbury’s Original, 60p (500ml)
- Tesco Daisy Original, 59p (500ml)
- Tesco Lime & Lemongrass Antibacterial, £1.11 (500ml)
- Tesco Original, 85p (500ml)
- The Co-operative Ecological Concentrated, £1.09 (500ml)
- The Co-operative Original Concentrated, 90p (450ml)
- Read reviews of our top washing-up liquid Best Buys
- Ultimate cleaning shopping list – our round up of all cleaning Best Buys
- Prefer to use a dishwasher? Check out our dishwasher tablet Best Buys