Prior to the new Honda CR-V’s European launch next month, we’ve found some attractive deals on the current model, which offers a great combination of driving enjoyment and practicality.
The Honda CR-V is a family-friendly 4×4, although it’s more at home on tarmac than having off-road adventures. The spacious cabin and excellent driving position make it easy for drivers of all sizes to get comfortable, and the cavernous boot is well suited to family life. That said, the poor rear visibility and large turning circle can make parking awkward.
With a reliability score of 96.8%, the CR-V was rated as one of the most reliable 4x4s in the latest Which? Car Survey – second only to the Skoda Yeti. It also received a good 88% score for overall owner satisfaction.
£4,500 off Honda CR-V diesel
The current CR-V comes in two 150bhp engine choices: a 2.2 diesel or a 2.0 petrol. The more fuel-efficient diesel isn’t as frugal as some rivals, but the SE+ T spec is the most fuel-efficient in the range. In our realistic lab testing it recorded 39.8mpg – slightly shy of the 43.5mpg claim. It is also one of the fastest models in the range by going 0-62mph in 9.6 seconds.
Discounted New Cars is offering the Honda CR-V 2.2 i-DTEC SE+ T for £21,868 – that’s £4,527 less than the list price of £26,395.
The Diesel SE+ T comes with sat nav and Bluetooth as standard. But if you want all the toys, including a panoramic glass roof, subwoofer and rear view parking camera, then Discounted New Cars also has discounts on the top of the range EX spec. You can get £5,378 off the 2.2 i-DTEC EX’s list price of £30,095 – so you can be on the road for £24,717.
IMPORTANT: Read the information at the bottom of this page before going ahead with any car purchase.
19% off the Honda CR-V petrol
If you’re looking for a lower list price, then Justclick4cars has deals on most of the petrol models in the CR-V range. The entry level SE spec is the cheapest version in the range with a RRP of £23,030. It has a claimed fuel economy of 33.6mpg and CO2 emissions of 195g/km. Justclick4cars is selling the CR-V SE 2.0i VTEC for £18,995, saving you £4,035.
If you don’t want to slum it, you can also save £5,345 on the top of the range EX 2.0i VTEC; Justclick4 cars is selling this model for £22,695.
- Honda CR-V review – our full review of the family 4×4
- Petrol or diesel? – our interactive tool will help you decide
- 4×4 buying tips – advice on what to look for and how to choose
Hot Deal hunters please note:
- The car brokers and deals featured are not vetted, endorsed or recommended by Which?. Always check the specifics of the deal so you know exactly what you are getting and who is supplying the car. Make sure all aspects of the deal are confirmed in writing before committing to buy.
- Not all brokers deal in UK sourced vehicles, and this may have an impact on standard equipment and warranty levels.
- The term ‘pre-reg’ or ‘pre-registered’ refers to vehicles that are brand new but already registered with the DVLA. This means that you will appear as the second owner on the V5 registration document.
- Beware of unscrupulous brokers who tell you they will have to retain the V5 registration document for a period of time after your purchase of the car. Vehicles sold this way may be cheap, but there are legal implications, including the risk that you the buyer could be committing a criminal offence when you drive the car, so they should be avoided.