Hot Car Deals – Toyota PriusMoney off the ground-breaking Toyota Prius hybrid
07 September 2012
IMPORTANT: Read the information at the bottom of this page before going ahead with any car purchase.
The relatively high starting price of the Toyota Prius is offset by its impressive fuel economy. We’ve found money-saving deals on two versions – the T3 and T4.
The Toyota Prius can be driven purely on battery power at speeds up to 28 mph.
We couldn't match Toyota's claims for fuel consumption and emissions in our tests, but this popular hybrid is still one of greenest cars on the market - especially around town. Out-of-towners should be careful, though, as it’s quite thirsty on motorways.
Toyota Prius T3 for £19,295
The third-generation Prius has a bigger 1.8-litre petrol engine and a more powerful electric motor than its predecessors. This combination offers punchy performance on the road, although it's not particularly quiet when the petrol engine kicks in.
The T3 is the cleanest and most fuel-efficient Prius, and our Top Choice model for the range. Toyota claims fuel economy of 72.4 mpg and CO2 emissions of just 89g/km.
Justclick4cars has cut £2,305 off the £21,600 list price, so you can pick up the Toyota Prius 1.8 VVTi T3 five-door CVT auto for £19,295.
If you can't live without a sat nav or leather seats, then try Discounted-New-Cars. They're offering the Nav/Leather edition of the T3 for £21,497, which is £2,453 less than Toyota's RRP.
10% off the Toyota Prius T4
If you're looking for luxury, the high-spec T4 provides toys like cruise control, keyless entry and Bluetooth for £23,355.
The T4 has the same 134bhp engine as the T3, which goes from 0-62mph in 10.4 seconds. But its larger wheels mean its CO2 emissions and fuel economy fall behind the T3: 92 g/km and 70.6 mpg respectively.
Discounted-New-Cars is selling the Toyota Prius 1.8 VVTi T4 five-door CVT auto for £20,964 - saving you £2,390 off the list price. The Nav/Leather upgrade will set you back a further £2,100.
- Toyota Prius review - read our expert verdict on the Prius
- Large car reviews - compare the Prius to rivals such as the Honda Insight
- Hot Car Deals - all the latest deals on your favourite cars
Hot Deal hunters please note:
- The car brokers and deals featured are not vetted, endorsed or recommended by Which?. Always check the specifics of the deal so you know exactly what you are getting and who is supplying the car. Make sure all aspects of the deal are confirmed in writing before committing to buy.
- Not all brokers deal in UK sourced vehicles, and this may have an impact on standard equipment and warranty levels.
- The term ‘pre-reg’ or ‘pre-registered’ refers to vehicles that are brand new but already registered with the DVLA. This means that you will appear as the second owner on the V5 registration document.
- Beware of unscrupulous brokers who tell you they will have to retain the V5 registration document for a period of time after your purchase of the car. Vehicles sold this way may be cheap, but there are legal implications, including the risk that you the buyer could be committing a criminal offence when you drive the car, so they should be avoided.