IMPORTANT: Read the information at the bottom of this page before going ahead with any car purchase.
The new-shape Ford Mondeo made its debut at the 2012 Paris Motor Show 2012 earlier this month. However, the new car isn’t on sale until November 2013, and it’s likely to be more expensive. So you might be tempted by the deals we’ve found on the current Mondeo.
The 2013 range is going to be larger, but the current, third-generation Mondeo is still very spacious and offers excellent long-distance comfort. Indeed, our test lab has never measured a bigger boot than the Mondeo Estate.
One of the car’s biggest issues is depreciation, as large cars from mainstream manufacturers invariably lose value very quickly. Fortunately, these deals help offset the Mondeo’s loss in value.
24% off Ford Mondeo Ecoboost
There are a lot of engine choices in the Mondeo. The 1.6 Ecoboost petrol engine offers near-diesel levels of fuel economy, with a claimed 44.1 mpg. We averaged 42.8mpg overall in our test, so not far off the claim. There’s little to complain about in terms of performance either.
Nationwide Cars is offering a 24% discount on all three 1.6 Ecoboost derivatives. That means you can save £4,586 on the 1.6 EcoBoost Edge and be on the road for £14,551.
If it’s power you’re after, go for the 2.0 Ecoboost Titanium X Sport Powershift. The 240bhp engine manages 0-62mph in 7.1 seconds, but you do have to compromise with fuel economy of just 36.7mpg.
You can save £6,723 at Discounted-New-Cars, which is selling the most powerful model in the range for £21,372 – a big saving on its £28,095 list price.
Over £5,000 off Ford Mondeo diesel
The space and comfort of the Ford Mondeo’s interior make it a great motorway car, and the frugal diesel engines will go a long way between refills. The 1.6 TDCi Eco models have the highest claimed fuel economy figures in the Mondeo range, at an impressive 65.6mpg.
You can pick up the Mondeo 1.6 TDCi Eco Zetec at Nationwide Cars for £16,086 – saving you £5,059 on the RRP of £21,145.
And, if you can’t decide between a petrol and a diesel, try our petrol vs diesel fuel cost calculator.
The Hot Car Deals:
- Mondeo 1.6 EcoBoost Edge – £4,586 discount at Nationwide Cars
- Mondeo 2.0 EcoBoost Titanium X Sport Powershift – £6,722 discount at Discounted-new-cars
- Mondeo 1.6 TDCi Eco Zetec – £5,125 discount at Nationwide Cars
Hot car deal hunters please note:
- The car brokers and deals featured are not vetted, endorsed or recommended by Which?. Always check the specifics of the deal so you know exactly what you are getting and who is supplying the car.
- Make sure all aspects of the deal are confirmed in writing before committing to buy.
- Not all brokers deal in UK-sourced vehicles, and this may have an impact on standard equipment and warranty levels.
- The term ‘pre-reg’ or ‘pre-registered’ refers to vehicles that are brand new but already registered with the DVLA. This means that you will appear as the second owner on the V5 registration document.
- Beware of unscrupulous brokers who tell you they will have to retain the V5 registration document for a period of time after your purchase of the car. Vehicles sold this way may be cheap, but there are legal implications, including the risk that you the buyer could be committing a criminal offence when you drive the car, so they should be avoided.