This Zanussi ZCG561FW freestanding gas cooker is currently reduced at Electrical Discount UK to only £289, saving you over £80.
The freestanding Zanussi ZCG561FW gas cooker has an oven and a separate grill compartment, and Zanussi claims that the removable glass door makes it easy to clean and its multi-zone oven and variable grill means food will be heated evenly.
Gas cooker reviews
At less than £300, it’s reasonably priced. But will it really cook your food evenly and be easy to clean?
Find out how this Zanussi ZCG561FW gas cooker did in our expert lab test to see if it’s worth spending your money on.
Which? members can log in to read our independent freestanding cooker reviews. Not already a member? Discover the benefits of taking out a £1 trial subscription to Which?
How we test freestanding cookers
It’s impossible to tell just by looking at this cooker in the shops how evenly it will heat your food. But that’s where Which? comes in. When testing freestanding cookers in the lab we look at:
- Useable capacity – we use fake turkeys, chickens and roast beef joints to see how much of the oven you can actually use, compared to what the manufacturers claim.
- Heat distribution – we bake shortbread to reveal how effective the cookers are at spreading heat right around the oven.
- Pre-heating and accuracy – setting the ovens to high and low temperatures, we measure how long they take to reach the target and how accurate they are.
- Grill and hob – we see how evenly the grill cooks using white crustless bread, and measure how quickly the hob heats up a pan of water from 15°C to 90°C.
- Energy use – so you won’t inadvertently buy a cooker that costs a lot to run, we check how much energy each cooker uses.
See our video on what makes a Best Buy freestanding cooker.
Deal of the week
Spotted this freestanding Zanussi ZCG561FW gas cooker for less elsewhere? Let us know – email email@example.com with the details and we’ll update this page. All prices correct at 10am, 26 October 2012.
Visit the Electrical Discount UK website to buy the Zanussi ZCG561FW gas cooker.
Don’t miss any of the latest news and bargains by following us on Twitter @WhichHome
- Find out how to choose a freestanding cooker
- Take a look at our freestanding cooker video reviews
- See how we rated the big brands for cooker reliability