Hot Car Deals - Volvo C30Three great deals on the outgoing C30
22 November 2012
IMPORTANT: Read the information at the bottom of this page before going ahead with any car purchase.
The Volvo C30 was launched back in 2007 as a rival for the likes of the Audi A3 and BMW 1 Series, but it's now very much on its last legs. Production will cease by the end of this year, which means there are plenty of deals around. We've picked out three of the best.
With slick looks and a well-laid out cockpit, the C30 majors on style but it also offers a fine driving experience. As a three-door coupe, practicality isn't it's strong point, though, with room for just four occupants and boot space of just 200 litres.
Over 20% off diesel Volvo C30
The sporty suspension of the C30 makes for a fairly firm ride, but the flip side is great road handling. Over most surfaces this small Volvo remains composed, only getting uncomfortable over severe bumps.
The diesel line-up includes the 1.6-litre D2 and the 2.0-litre D3, offering 115bhp and 150bhp respectively. We've found a great deal through Palmdale, which has the D2 C30 in R-Design Lux spec - meaning a high level of equipment and a full set of sporty trimmings - for just £17,995. That's a full £5,450 off the list price.
The more powerful C30 D3 is on offer at Motorlogix in R-Design spec. It's offering a discount of £2,512, meaning you can pick this model up for under £20,000.
Volvo C30 for £15,655
The petrol derivatives offer good performance, at the expense of fuel economy - expect less than 40mpg.
The mid-range 2.0-litre SE Lux boasts features such as rear park assist and an integrated sat nav system, however with CO2 emissions sitting at 177g/km, expect to pay £215 per year in VED (car tax). This model is available through Nationwidecars with a discount of £3,064, dropping the on-the-road price to £15,655.
The hot car deals:
- Volvo C30 1.6 D2  R-Design Lux - £5,450 discount through Palmdale
- Volvo C30 2.0 D3  R-Design - £2,512 discount through Motorlogix
- Volvo C30 2.0  SE Lux - £3,064 discount through Nationwidecars
- See how the Volvo C30 compares to rival medium cars
- Check out the new ultra-safe Volvo V40
- Join Which? for just £1 to see hundreds of car reviews
Hot Deal hunters please note:
- The car brokers and deals featured are not vetted, endorsed or recommended by Which?. Always check the specifics of the deal so you know exactly what you are getting and who is supplying the car. Make sure all aspects of the deal are confirmed in writing before committing to buy.
- Not all brokers deal in UK sourced vehicles, and this may have an impact on standard equipment and warranty levels.
- The term ‘pre-reg’ or ‘pre-registered’ refers to vehicles that are brand new but already registered with the DVLA. This means that you will appear as the second owner on the V5 registration document.
- Beware of unscrupulous brokers who tell you they will have to retain the V5 registration document for a period of time after your purchase of the car. Vehicles sold this way may be cheap, but there are legal implications, including the risk that you the buyer could be committing a criminal offence when you drive the car, so they should be avoided.