Hot Car Deal – Skoda OctaviaMoney off the Skoda Octavia hatchback and estate
14 December 2012
IMPORTANT: Read the information at the bottom of this page before going ahead with any car purchase.
The 2013 Which? Car Survey launched this week, and we’ve found some great deals on one of the top performers in the 2012 survey.
Owners voted the Skoda Octavia the second-best car for value for money in the 2012 Which? Car Survey, only behind the Skoda Superb. In fact, Skodas occupy six of the top 10 slots for value for money.
The Octavia also made it into the Top 10 list of the most satisfying cars to own. And it’s not just the Octavia that has been given the thumbs-up: the Skoda brand took second spot in our survey, with customers praising its cars for being sensible, spacious and stuffed with equipment.
Sign up to Which? for just £1 to see the full results of the Which? Car Survey
25% off a Skoda Octavia diesel
Our testers like the Skoda Octavia, too, with space and ease of driving being praised. The five-door hatchback handles well but some of the smaller engines lack the urge for decent performance. The diesels are generally good to drive, though.
A new Octavia is just around the corner, so there are some great deals around on the outgoing model. We found the 1.6 TDi SE Connect model at Arnold Clark for £13,990, which is £4,660 off the list price.
The cheapest model in the range is the 1.4 16V S, and it's available for just £11,322. That's over £2,000 less than the list price of £13,380. This great value model is available from Discounted New Cars.
£3,200 off a Skoda Octavia Estate
The Skoda Octavia Estate adds even more practicality to the Octavia package. It’s essentially the same as a VW Golf Estate under the skin, and fulfills the main requirement of an estate car – lots of space.
Be careful when picking a model as some of the versions don’t have stability control as standard. We’d suggest the 2.0-litre TDI engine or the frugal 1.6 TDI Greenline II, both of which offer a good mix of performance and economy. Discounted New Cars is offering the 1.6 TDI CR GreenLine II for £16,037 - some £3, 268 off the list price of £19,305.
Hot car deals
- Skoda Octavia 1.6 TDi SE Connect - £13,990 at Arnold Clark
- Skoda Octavia 1.4 16V S - £11,322 at Discounted New Cars
- Skoda Octavia 1.6 TDI CR GreenLine II - £16,037 at Discounted New Cars
Hot Deal hunters please note:
- The car brokers and deals featured are not vetted, endorsed or recommended by Which?. Always check the specifics of the deal so you know exactly what you are getting and who is supplying the car. Make sure all aspects of the deal are confirmed in writing before committing to buy.
- Not all brokers deal in UK sourced vehicles, and this may have an impact on standard equipment and warranty levels.
- The term ‘pre-reg’ or ‘pre-registered’ refers to vehicles that are brand new but already registered with the DVLA. This means that you will appear as the second owner on the V5 registration document.
- Beware of unscrupulous brokers who tell you they will have to retain the V5 registration document for a period of time after your purchase of the car. Vehicles sold this way may be cheap, but there are legal implications, including the risk that you the buyer could be committing a criminal offence when you drive the car, so they should be avoided.