Hot Car Deals – BMW 3 Series3 Series for £3,000 less
21 December 2012
IMPORTANT: Read the information at the bottom of this page before going ahead with any car purchase.
The latest BMW 3 Series maintains its class-leading performance, comfort and handling in a fiercely competitive premium market. Good deals, however, are few and far between, so we’ve scoured the market to find the best offers currently available.
The new BMW 3 Series saloon went on sale in February this year and is proving itself to be the driver’s choice with its fine handling, performance and refinement.
The new 3 has an improved ride quality over earlier versions. The 3 Series has one of the strongest engine ranges of any car. All are turbocharged and there is an emphasis on smaller-capacity four-cylinder units. We’re also impressed with fuel efficiency and emissions compared to other cars in the large car class.
You do have to pay for the privilege of driving a BMW 3 Series - it's not cheap to buy and good deals are hard to find. It's worth hunting one down, though: owners rated BMW as the fourth best car brand in the latest Which? Car Survey. Let’s see if BMW can keep up the good work in the 2013 car survey.
Trial Which? for £1 to get instant access to all our reviews.
£3,000 off a diesel 3 Series
Diesel-engined models are selling best, and the 320d is one of the most popular in the range, producing a healthy 184bhp.
We've found the mid-line 320d SE for £3,135 less than the list price of £28,170 at Nationwide Cars. It also has similar offers on the Sport, Modern and Luxury lines, so there are plenty of options to choose from.
The M Sport grade also went on sale in July this year and is already taking a big slice of sales. Motorlogix is selling the 320d M Sport for £28,656, which is a £2,424 discount on the retail price.
BMW 328i petrol for £26,130
The 328i has a 2.0-litre four-cylinder turbo petrol engine with 245bhp, which provides excellent performance. It's still economical, though: our tests measured an average of 39.8mpg (slightly shy of BMW’s claimed 44.8mpg).
Nationwide Cars has discounts on the 320i, 328i and 335i models. For example, the 328i SE is £26,130, which is £3,263 off the list price of £29,020.
The hot car deals:
- BMW 3 Series Saloon 320d SE - £25,251 from Nationwide Cars
- BMW 3 Series Saloon 320d M Sport - £28,656 from Motorlogix
- BMW 3 Series Saloon 328i SE - £26,130 from Nationwide Cars
Hot Deal hunters please note:
- The car brokers and deals featured are not vetted, endorsed or recommended by Which?. Always check the specifics of the deal so you know exactly what you are getting and who is supplying the car. Make sure all aspects of the deal are confirmed in writing before committing to buy.
- Not all brokers deal in UK sourced vehicles, and this may have an impact on standard equipment and warranty levels.
- The term ‘pre-reg’ or ‘pre-registered’ refers to vehicles that are brand new but already registered with the DVLA. This means that you will appear as the second owner on the V5 registration document.
- Beware of unscrupulous brokers who tell you they will have to retain the V5 registration document for a period of time after your purchase of the car. Vehicles sold this way may be cheap, but there are legal implications, including the risk that you the buyer could be committing a criminal offence when you drive the car, so they should be avoided.