Which? Car Survey 2013 launchesHave your say in the UK's biggest car survey
08 December 2012
The Which? Car Survey is the UK's biggest car survey, giving owners the chance to tell us how reliable and satisfying their cars have been over the past 12 months.
Last year we received an incredible 39,292 responses from car owners telling us about more than 47,000 cars they owned. All the results were scrutinised by our experts and used to make judgements about the reliability and satisfaction of hundreds of car models.
Complete the Which? Car Survey 2013 for a chance to win a year's free fuel, worth £2,500*.
Which? Car Survey in numbers
As well as revealing how reliable and satisfying a car is, the survey data also gives us lots of other interesting information, such as how many miles the average car covers per year, how many days specific models spend off the road getting fixed and which brand offers the best service for sales and repair work.
Here are some examples from the 2012 Which? Car Survey:
- 10,672 is the average number of miles driven by cars in our survey during the past 12 months.
- Total annual mileage for each car reported on in the survey was more than 450 million - or the equivalent of 18,188 times around the world.
- 56% of owners have a petrol car, 41% diesel and 2% hybrid.
- 71% own manual transmission, with 29% having an automatic.
- 47% own new cars, 19% nearly new and 34% used.
Tested by us, rated by you
Our rigorous lab and road tests provide vital information on how well cars perform, but they can't replicate living with the cars all year round as owners do.
A car that won’t leave you stranded is high up on most people’s wish list, even if dependability isn’t the sexiest aspect of car ownership.
The feedback from each annual survey informs our decision on whether or not a car is rated as a Best Buy. If it's too unreliable, then it can't gain the Best Buy accolade, even if it's great to drive and well designed.
- Tell us how satisfied you are with your car in the Which? Car Survey 2013
- Find out more about the Which? Car Survey with our useful online guide
- Take a trial out with Which? for just £1 and get access to the full results of the 2012 survey and hundreds of car reviews
* Based on 12,000 miles at 30mpg at the average petrol price for the past 12 months.