IMPORTANT: Read the information at the bottom of this page before going ahead with any car purchase.
The Tiguan is a popular compact SUV based on the hugely successful VW Golf.
For those planning on sticking to the road, the entry-level front-wheel drive layout is a sensible option. However, the majority of Tiguan buyers opt for four-wheel drive, which is much more suited to winter driving, off-roading and towing.
Trouble is, the Tiguan is expensive to buy new – so it’s good news that we’ve found some money-saving deals.
Trial Which? for just £1 to see our full test of the VW Tiguan
Save £4,300 on top choice VW Tiguan
If you’re looking to achieve good fuel economy, your best bet is to choose one of VW’s BlueMotion diesel engines.
The 140bhp 2.0 TDI BlueMotion achieved an average of 43.5mpg in our tests, which is not bad for a 4×4. An official emissions figure of 150g/km means it falls into VED band F, so you’ll pay £135 per year in car tax.
The list price of £26,395 for the 4×4 model is high but Autobytel is currently offering £4,322 off. That means it can be yours for just over £22,000.
The savings aren’t as great on the two-wheel drive model, but if you’ve got your heart set on one of these, then head over to Nationwide Cars where a £2,740 discount is on offer.
Petrol-engined Tiguan for £20,300
The latest VW petrol engines are a much better proposition than in the past. The 1.4 TSI is an excellent unit and has been upgraded from 150 to 160bhp, and there’s also a potent 210bhp 2.0 TSI.
We’d opt for the 1.4 TSI and order four-wheel drive. Fuel economy will be better than the 2.0-litre model (VW claims 37.2mpg, compared to 33.2mpg) and it still has plenty of power to overtake safely on motorways.
Justclick4cars currently has the 1.4 TSI model in ‘S’ trim level with a £1,695 discount, dropping the overall cost to £20,295.
Hot car deals:
- VW Tiguan 2.0 TDI BlueMotion SE  four-wheel drive – £22,073 through Autobytel
- VW Tiguan 2.0 TDI BlueMotion SE  two-wheel drive – £22,172 through Nationwide Cars
- VW Tiguan 1.4 TSI 4Motion S  four-wheel drive – £20,295 through Justclick4cars
Hot car deal hunters please note:
- The car brokers and deals featured are not vetted, endorsed or recommended by Which?. Always check the specifics of the deal so you know exactly what you are getting and who is supplying the car. Make sure all aspects of the deal are confirmed in writing before committing to buy.
- Not all brokers deal in UK sourced vehicles, and this may have an impact on standard equipment and warranty levels.
- The term ‘pre-reg’ or ‘pre-registered’ refers to vehicles that are brand new but already registered with the DVLA. This means that you will appear as the second owner on the V5 registration document.
- Beware of unscrupulous brokers who tell you they will have to retain the V5 registration document for a period of time after your purchase of the car. Vehicles sold this way may be cheap, but there are legal implications, including the risk that you the buyer could be committing a criminal offence when you drive the car, so they should be avoided.