This Bosch cordless drill, reduced by £27 at Tooled-Up.com, might be just the thing to help you with your home improvements and DIY.
The Bosch PSB 18 Li-2 cordless drill has a two-speed gearbox and a ‘long life’ lithium-ion battery. It has 30 pre-selectable settings and claims to be suitable for drilling wood, sandstone, concrete and metal.
Cordless drill reviews
This sounds impressive, but how well does it really drill through all these surfaces? And how long does the battery last before you have to charge it again?
Find out how the Bosch PSB 18 Li-2 cordless drill did in our rigorous lab tests.
Not a Which? member? You can unlock all our reviews and gain access to great member services – such as Which? Local, where you can find recommended tradespeople, services and retailers in your area – with a £1 trial subscription to Which?.
How we test cordless drills
There is no way of telling in the shop just how well a cordless drill will do the job it’s intended for, or how easy it will be to use.
In our lab tests, which reflect the things that are important to you, we do a number of drilling tests on a range of surfaces:
- Hammer – we look at how effective each drill is at drilling holes in concrete, using drill bits ranging in diameter from 6mm to 12mm.
- Rotary – we measure how long it takes to drill on metal, wood and sandstone using a 6mm drill bit.
- Screwdriving – we see how long it takes to drill various depths on metal using a 5mm bit and wood using various drill sizes (3mm, 6mm and 8mm).
We also look at how long each full charge and quick charge (after 15 minutes of charging) lasts. We then look at how long the charge will last after the drill has been left unused for a month, and when it has run through more than 2,000 cycles of drilling, resting and screwdriving.
Deal of the week
Spotted the Bosch PSB 18 Li-2 cordless drill for less elsewhere? Let us know – email firstname.lastname@example.org with the details and we’ll update this page. All prices correct at 10am, 1 March 2013.
Visit the Tooled-Up.com website to buy this Bosch PSB 18 Li-2 cordless drill.
- Read all our cordless drill reviews
- See our guide to choosing a drill
- Watch our top drilling tips video