Easter holiday baking essentialsGet baking this Easter weekend with these gadgets
28 March 2013
The Easter weekend is the perfect time to do some baking with the family, from Easter cakes to hot cross buns, especially if the cold weather means staying indoors. Take a look at our list of essential gadgets to help you in the kitchen.
When it comes to baking, why not treat yourself to a handy gadget that will do all the hard work for you? There are a few types to choose from depending on what you like to do most in the kitchen:
- Hand mixer - hand mixers are great for light, everyday tasks such as whipping cream or whisking egg whites.
- Stand mixer - although more expensive, stand mixers are ideal for frequent bakers as they take all the work out of mixing. Some come with attachments such as a dough hook, jug blender and food chopper.
Although these are great gadgets for keen bakers, there are some others you might want to consider for general cooking:
- Food processor - great for chopping, slicing, grating and blending. Although not so great at key baking tasks, food processors can be a good all-round kitchen option.
- Mini chopper - basically a mini food processor ideal for processing small amounts of food.
- Hand blender - good for chopping and blending.
If you're not sure what type of kitchen gadget would suit your needs best, take a look at our baking gadgets video guide.
There is nothing better than making your own fresh bread at Easter. Better still, you can even mix your hot cross bun dough in a breadmaker. You'll need to shape and prove it first but the breadmaker will do all the hard mixing work for you.
Find the best one for you in our breadmaker reviews and see our video on how to make the best of your breadmaker.
Ovens, cookers and range cookers
If you love baking and are looking for a new oven, cooker or range cooker, you'll want to make sure you go for one that bakes well. In our tests we use a large sponge cake to see how evenly and well each one rises and bakes - there are big difference between a good and a bad one.
Take a look at our reviews of built-in ovens, freestanding cookers and range cookers to find the best one for you.
If you're not a member you can unlock all our reviews and find great prices online with a £1 trial subscription to Which?
- Find the best stand mixer with our stand mixer reviews
- Check out our hand blender reviews
- See how to bake cakes in a microwave