Hot Car Deals – Mazda MX-5Three great deals on the sporty MX-5
07 March 2013
IMPORTANT: Read the information at the bottom of this page before going ahead with any car purchase.
If you want want to spend this summer in a sporty convertible, you'll do well to find a more appealing choice than the Mazda MX-5.
The MX-5 is now officially the world's most popular sports car of all time. Ownership is about as painless as it gets for a roadster; and the MX-5 is neither expensive to buy, nor expensive to run.
By shopping around, you can now pick up an MX-5 for an even cheaper price. The discounts we've found may well disappear once the sun is out - so get in quick and check out these cracking deals.
Trail Which? for £1 to see our full test of the Mazda MX-5
Mazda MX-5 convertible for under £14,500
The MX-5 almost stands alone in being a truly affordable sports car. All of its rivals are far more expensive: the BMW Z4, Porsche Boxster and Mercedes SLK are more sophisticated, yes, but they should be, considering their prices.
The MX-5 comes with a choice of 1.8- or 2.0-litre petrol engines. We'd opt for the more powerful 2.0-litre option with 160bhp, and it accelerated from 37-62mph in 4.5 seconds in our test - that's half a second quicker than the 1.8-litre, 126bhp engine.
Both 1.8 and 2.0 models are on offer at Justclick4cars. There is a £3,500 discount on the entry-level 1.8-litre MX-5, dropping the overall cost to £14,495. Meanwhile the 2.0-litre model in Sport Tech specification - our top choice model - is reduced from £21,495 to £17,475.
£4,223 off MX-5 Roadster Coupe
The hard-topped Roadster Coupe version offers more refinement and greater security, with no loss of luggage space.
Nationwide Cars has a great deal on the 2.0-litre model, again in Sport Tech specification - meaning you get cruise control, Bluetooth and 17-inch alloy wheels - for £18,836, a saving of £4,223.
Hot car deal:
- Mazda MX-5 1.8i  SE convertible - £14,495 at Justclick4cars
- Mazda MX-5 2.0i  Sport Tech convertible - £17,475 at Justclick4cars
- Mazda MX-5 2.0i  Sport Tech Roadster Coupe - £18,836 at Nationwide Cars
Hot car deal hunters please note:
- The car brokers and deals featured are not vetted, endorsed or recommended by Which?. Always check the specifics of the deal so you know exactly what you are getting and who is supplying the car. Make sure all aspects of the deal are confirmed in writing before committing to buy.
- Not all brokers deal in UK sourced vehicles, and this may have an impact on standard equipment and warranty levels.
- The term ‘pre-reg’ or ‘pre-registered’ refers to vehicles that are brand new but already registered with the DVLA. This means that you will appear as the second owner on the V5 registration document.
- Beware of unscrupulous brokers who tell you they will have to retain the V5 registration document for a period of time after your purchase of the car. Vehicles sold this way may be cheap, but there are legal implications, including the risk that you the buyer could be committing a criminal offence when you drive the car, so they should be avoided.