Gaggia Carezza Deluxe coffee machine launchedWhich? takes first look at Gaggia espresso maker
28 April 2013
Which? has taken a look at the new Gaggia Carezza Deluxe coffee machine to bring you our first impressions of this espresso maker.
We'll be sending the Carezza to our lab for testing soon, but if you can't wait to find out what our keen coffee drinker thought of this new release visit our Gaggia Carezza Deluxe review.
Cafe-style coffee at home
Gaggia claims that the Carezza Deluxe, which costs £220 and is available at John Lewis and Selfridges, is a perfect example of its motto, which translates as 'continuously evolving tradition'.
The traditional element comes from the styling, which makes the coffee machine look like a professional cafe model. It combines shiny steel and rounded edges with a cup warming plate, temperature gauge, steam control knob and steam pipe.
Features to help the coffee novice
But the machine is also designed to make it easy for the inexperienced home barista to make a professional-tasting frothy coffee in their kitchen with these features:
- Brewing and steaming buttons with 'ready to use' indicators lights.
- Pre-brewing function to warm the filter holder.
- Temperature gauge for complete brewing control.
- Rinse cycle and alarm to prompt descaling.
- Easily removable water tank and drip tray.
- Stainless steel cup plate.
The machine can be used with either ground coffee or easy serving espresso (ESE) pods.
To find out more about making great espresso every time visit our guide to making the perfect cup of coffee.
- Read our first look Gaggia Carezza Deluxe review
- Find out which espresso makers we recommend with our coffee machine Best Buys
- Learn more about how we test coffee machines