Hot Car Deal – Vauxhall InsigniaOver £7,000 off Vauxhall's good value Insignia
26 April 2013
IMPORTANT: Read the information at the bottom of this page before going ahead with any car purchase.
Vauxhalls often give good value for money, and the Insignia follows suit. However, depreciation (loss of value) can be problem, so you need to make sure you get the best discount possible. We’ve found some of the best deals currently on the market, including over £7,000 off one of our favourite models.
The Vauxhall Insignia performs impressively, with some decent engines providing a mature and satisfying drive. There’s plenty of choice in the range, which comes in saloon, hatchback and Sport Tourer estate styles.
The 2012 Which Car Survey didn’t favour the Insignia in the reliability stakes – it scored just two stars out of five. The 2013 results are just coming in, so we’ll soon be able to get an even clearer picture of how the Insignia is faring as the years go on.
Take a £1 Which? trial to read our full review of the Vauxhall Insignia and its rivals.
£7,330 off a diesel Insignia
Diesel versions make the most sense, with the 160bhp 2.0 CDTi offering the best blend of performance and economy.
Justclick4cars is selling the 160bhp 2.0 CDTi Elite for £20,995. That’s a whopping £7,330 off the retail price.
The EcoFlex diesel engines are probably the most popular models in the Insignia range, and they give the best mpg figures. We found the 2.0 CDTi EcoFlex in Tech Line trim going for £15,516 at Carfile – an impressive £5,510 saving on the list price.
£5,000 saving on Insignia Sports Tourer
If you have tall friends, you might want to opt for the Sports Tourer estate version, as the sleek lines of the regular Insignia aren’t very accommodating for rear seat passengers.
Carfile has good discounts on most of the Sports Tourer models. The 2.0 CDTi SRi, for example, is available with a £5,103 discount, retailing at £20,182.
The hot car deals:
- Vauxhall Insignia 2.0 CDTi Elite - £20,995 at Justclick4cars
- Vauxhall Insignia 2.0 CDTi EcoFlex Tech Line - £15,516 at Carfile
- Vauxhall Insignia Sports Tourer 2.0 CDTi SRi - £20,182 at Carfile
Hot Deal hunters please note:
- The car brokers and deals featured are not vetted, endorsed or recommended by Which?. Always check the specifics of the deal so you know exactly what you are getting and who is supplying the car. Make sure all aspects of the deal are confirmed in writing before committing to buy.
- Not all brokers deal in UK sourced vehicles, and this may have an impact on standard equipment and warranty levels.
- The term ‘pre-reg’ or ‘pre-registered’ refers to vehicles that are brand new but already registered with the DVLA. This means that you will appear as the second owner on the V5 registration document.
- Beware of unscrupulous brokers who tell you they will have to retain the V5 registration document for a period of time after your purchase of the car.
- Vehicles sold this way may be cheap, but there are legal implications, including the risk that you the buyer could be committing a criminal offence when you drive the car, so they should be avoided.