Hot Car Deal – Vauxhall ZafiraSave thousands on the Zafira MPV and Tourer
30 April 2013
IMPORTANT: Read the information at the bottom of this page before going ahead with any car purchase.
Since 1999, the Vauxhall Zafira has offered superbly practical seven-seater family transport. Now in its second generation, the Zafira line-up has expanded to include the Zafira Tourer.
We like the Zafira's flexible seven-seat layout and huge carrying capacity, and there's a massive range of engines and trim levels to choose from.
Take a £1 trial with Which? to find out more about the Vauxhall Zafira and its rivals.
Vauxhall Zafira 1.6 MPV for £11,499
We'd normally recommend the 1.7-litre diesel engine, particularly if you rack up more than 10,000 miles a year, as it achieved decent fuel economy in our independent tests, recording 47.1mpg.
However, Carfile currently has a cracking deal on the 1.6-litre petrol Zafira Capital special edition. Running costs are likely to be higher but priced at £11,499, potential buyers should be encouraged - the normal on-the-road price is closer to £20,000.
£6,400 off Vauxhall Zafira Touer
The new Zafira Tourer, launched in 2011, offers more space for both passengers and luggage. With the rear seats down, the boot measures 890 litres - that's 85 litres more than the standard Zafira. The exterior of this seven-seater is also much improved, giving a more distinctive, premium look and feel.
We'd avoid the petrol models, which will struggle to haul the Tourer along at a decent pace unless worked very hard. Instead go for the 130bhp 2.0-litre diesel - it offers the best compromise between performance and economy.
Arnold Clark has the 2.0 CDTi in stock in top-of-the-range SRi specification with a £6,425 discount, meaning you pay £18,995. In this trim level, the car comes equipped with extras such as 18-inch alloy wheels, cruise control and parking sensors.
The Hot Car Deals:
- Vauxhal Zafira 1.6i VVT Capital Special Edition - £11,499 at Carfile
- Vauxhall Zafira Tourer 2.0 CDTi SRi - £18,990 at Arnold Clark
Hot Deal hunters please note:
- The car brokers and deals featured are not vetted, endorsed or recommended by Which?. Always check the specifics of the deal so you know exactly what you are getting and who is supplying the car. Make sure all aspects of the deal are confirmed in writing before committing to buy.
- Not all brokers deal in UK sourced vehicles, and this may have an impact on standard equipment and warranty levels.
- The term ‘pre-reg’ or ‘pre-registered’ refers to vehicles that are brand new but already registered with the DVLA. This means that you will appear as the second owner on the V5 registration document.
- Beware of unscrupulous brokers who tell you they will have to retain the V5 registration document for a period of time after your purchase of the car. Vehicles sold this way may be cheap, but there are legal implications, including the risk that you the buyer could be committing a criminal offence when you drive the car, so they should be avoided.