IMPORTANT: Read the information at the bottom of this page before going ahead with any car purchase.
The Citroën C3 is a spacious and affordable supermini hatch. The original version was popular right from its launch in 2002, but in recent years, it has been showing its age.
The latest C3, launched in 2010, continues where its predecessor left off and is more refined than before, as well as offering a better ride.
That said, the golden rule when buying a Citroën C3 is never pay full price because depreciation can be steep. Here are two of the best deals we’ve found.
Take a £1 trial with Which? and find out all about the Citroën C3 and its rivals
Petrol Citroën C3 for less than £10,000
Unless you do a lot of miles, the petrol-powered C3 is the best bet. The 1.4-litre unit has recently been discontinued, but the less powerful 1.2-litre engine is more than capable of pulling this supermini around town, plus it’s more fuel efficient and cheaper to buy.
Citroën claims the 1.2 VTi will achieve 62.8mpg on the combined cycle; you’re unlikely you’ll be able to match this but even getting close to will represent decent fuel economy. In VTR+ trim level standard kit includes cruise control and a multi-function computer, but we would recommend paying extra for the optional electronic stability system.
This car is on offer at Nationwide Cars with a saving of £3,147, dropping the final price to £9,889.
22% off Citroën C3 1.4 e-HDi diesel
The C3 diesel line-up was given more efficient engines in 2011 – Citroën claims the 70bhp 1.4-litre e-HDi will deliver 83.1mpg. We haven’t tested this model yet, but few cars that do pass through our lab achieve this impressive figure, so we don’t expect it to be achievable in real life.
The AirDream manual transmission should emit just 87g/km in CO2, meaning it’s exempt from car tax.
Head to Discounted New Cars to take advantage of a 22% discount on this car in VTR+ specification, meaning it could be yours for £11,494.
The hot car deals:
- Citroën C3 1.2 VTi  VTR+ – £9,889 at Nationwide Cars
- Citroën C3 1.4 e-HDi  VTR+ – £11,494 at Discounted New Cars
Hot Deal hunters please note:
- The car brokers and deals featured are not vetted, endorsed or recommended by Which?. Always check the specifics of the deal so you know exactly what you are getting and who is supplying the car. Make sure all aspects of the deal are confirmed in writing before committing to buy.
- Not all brokers deal in UK sourced vehicles, and this may have an impact on standard equipment and warranty levels.
- The term ‘pre-reg’ or ‘pre-registered’ refers to vehicles that are brand new but already registered with the DVLA. This means that you will appear as the second owner on the V5 registration document.
- Beware of unscrupulous brokers who tell you they will have to retain the V5 registration document for a period of time after your purchase of the car. Vehicles sold this way may be cheap, but there are legal implications, including the risk that you the buyer could be committing a criminal offence when you drive the car, so they should be avoided.