Hot Car Deal – Fiat 500Discounts on retro petrol and diesel city car
24 May 2013
IMPORTANT: Read the information at the bottom of this page before going ahead with any car purchase.
The Fiat 500 has become the default choice of fashion-conscious city car drivers, bolstered by cheeky retro looks and a multitude of personalisation features.
The 500's look has remained unchanged since Fiat rekindled the name in 2008, and owners tell us they love it, giving it full marks for ease of driving and styling.
It's been hard to find deals on the popular Fiat 500 but we’ve found a couple on petrol models and another on the 500 diesel.
Sign up to Which? for £1 to find out how the Fiat 500 rates in our test and in the eyes of owners.
£1,000 off Fiat 500 1.2 petrol
Two engine sizes make up the Fiat 500 petrol line-up: 0.9-litre two-cylinder TwinAir and four-cylinder 1.2.
When we tested the 1.2 in 2009, it bettered the manufacturer’s fuel efficiency claim with a tested return of 56.5mpg – something that happens very rarely. And now the engine is claimed to be even more economical thanks to the introduction of start-stop technology.
Perrys is currently offering £1,000 off the price of a delivery-mileage Fiat 500 1.2 Lounge if you opt for it in Bossa Nova White. Lounge spec includes Blue & Me Bluetooth connection, USB port, heated electric door mirrors, a leather steering wheel with radio controls and a split folding rear seat.
Alternatively, there’s also £600 off the 1.2 S petrol.
Save £668 on Fiat 500 1.3 Multijet diesel
If you prefer diesel power, the 500 is also available with a 1.3-litre Multijet engine. The claimed figures make for some attractive reading: 97g/km CO2 emissions means free VED car tax and claimed average fuel consumption of 76.3mpg means trips to the forecourt should be infrequent.
Nationwide Cars currently has a saving of £668 on the range-topping Fiat 500 1.3 Multijet 95 S model – this comes fitted with extra kit including Bluetooth and USB, a service indicator, tinted windows, heated electric door mirrors, a heated rear window, split folding rear seats, a sports steering wheel and a 500 S Sports kit.
The hot car deals
- Fiat 500 1.2 Lounge [Start Stop] - £10,360 at Perrys
- Fiat 500 1.2 S - £10,760 at Perrys - £10,760 at Perrys
- Fiat 500 1.3 Multijet 95 S - £13,193 at Nationwide Cars
Hot Deal hunters please note:
• The car brokers and deals featured are not vetted, endorsed or recommended by Which?. Always check the specifics of the deal so you know exactly what you are getting and who is supplying the car. Make sure all aspects of the deal are confirmed in writing before committing to buy.
• Not all brokers deal in UK sourced vehicles, and this may have an impact on standard equipment and warranty levels.
• The term ‘pre-reg’ or ‘pre-registered’ refers to vehicles that are brand new but already registered with the DVLA. This means that you will appear as the second owner on the V5 registration document.
• Beware of unscrupulous brokers who tell you they will have to retain the V5 registration document for a period of time after your purchase of the car. Vehicles sold this way may be cheap, but there are legal implications, including the risk that you the buyer could be committing a criminal offence when you drive the car, so they should be avoided.