Hot Car Deal – Volkswagen Golf PlusBig savings on VW's popular Golf-based MPV
13 June 2013
IMPORTANT: Read the information at the bottom of this page before going ahead with any car purchase.
The Volkswagen Golf Plus offers more space than the conventional five-door Golf hatch. It’s a five-seat MPV – slotting in below the larger seven-seat Touran – which drives much like the mainstream Golf without too much extra bulk.
The VW Golf Plus fits in somewhere between a full-on MPV and an estate, offering an alternative to anyone looking for a medium-sized family car. Take a look at these three great deals on the Golf Plus before you part with your money.
Discover the benefits of becoming a Which? member - sign up for a trial for just £1
£3,895 off VW Golf Plus diesel
Our top choice Golf Plus model is the 1.6 TDI 105 SE. It offers reasonable fuel economy (a claimed 58.9mpg) and is the best option if you do a lot of motorway driving.
This car is discounted by a hefty £3,895 at Carfile, bringing the final on-the-road price to less than £18,500.
VW Golf Plus 1.2 petrol for under £14,700
When it comes to petrol models, you have a choice between 1.2- or 1.4-litre engines. The 1.2 TSI S is available at Arnold Clark for just £14,695, representing a saving of £3,365.
Overall, though, we'd opt for the larger 1.4 engine, as it offers better out-of-town performance. Standard equipment for the entry-level S is reasonable, but the SE's extras such as 16-inch alloy wheels, convenience pack and park assist make it more attractive, particularly for resale.
The Golf Plus 1.4 TSI SE is offered at Carfile for £17,618, saving you £3,766 on list price.
Hot car deals:
- VW Golf Plus 1.6 TDI 105 SE 5dr - £18,485 at Carfile
- VW Golf Plus 1.2 TSI 85 S 5dr - £14,695 at Arnold Clark
- VW Golf Plus 1.4 TSI SE 5dr - £17,618 at Carfile
Hot car deal hunters please note:
- The car brokers and deals featured are not vetted, endorsed or recommended by Which?. Always check the specifics of the deal so you know exactly what you are getting and who is supplying the car.Make sure all aspects of the deal are confirmed in writing before committing to buy.
- Not all brokers deal in UK sourced vehicles, and this may have an impact on standard equipment and warranty levels.
- The term ‘pre-reg’ or ‘pre-registered’ refers to vehicles that are brand new but already registered with the DVLA. This means that you will appear as the second owner on the V5 registration document.
- Beware of unscrupulous brokers who tell you they will have to retain the V5 registration document for a period of time after your purchase of the car. Vehicles sold this way may be cheap, but there are legal implications, including the risk that you the buyer could be committing a criminal offence when you drive the car, so they should be avoided.