Looking to buy a new barbecue now that summer has finally arrived? Well you might just be in luck. We’ve found this Outback Spectrum Hooded 2 Burner gas barbecue for £249.99, reduced by £150 at Argos.
This barbecue’s usual RRP is £399.99, and Outback says it can achieve optimum temperatures and flavours by using lava rock and a built in pull-down hood.
Outback also claims it’s been designed so that it is easy to use, clean and store. But how did it fair in our expert tests?
The Spectrum Hooded 3 Burner gas barbecue certainly looks the part, but does it cook great-tasting food? And will it really be easy is it to use and clean, or will you be left frustrated with tasteless food for your family?
If you’re a member, you can find out by reading our full expert review of the Outback Spectrum Hooded 3 Burner gas barbecue.
Not a member? You can take out a £1 trial to Which? to get access to all our reviews.
How we test BBQs
You can’t tell whether a barbecue will be any good until you get it home and use it. We put all the barbecues we review through their paces in our expert lab tests.
This makes sure that you get the best of the best, and avoid any costly mistakes.
- With a Best Buy barbecue, our chefs look for delicious end results – food cooked evenly and to perfection, giving you an authentic chargrilled flavour. The wrong barbecue could leave you disappointed, with tasteless food.
- A great barbecue should be simple to build, move and store. But a bad one is heavy and awkward to manoeuvre, and a bit of a headache to use.
Deal of the week
Have you spotted this Outback Spectrum Hooded 2 Burner gas barbecue for less elsewhere? Let us know – email firstname.lastname@example.org with the details. All prices correct at 10am on Friday 12 July 2013.
Go to the Argos website to buy this Outback Spectrum 3 Burner Hooded gas barbecue.
- See more on how we test barbecues
- Find out how to buy the best barbecue
- Check out our guide to cooking steak on a barbecue