Hot Car Deal - Volkswagen PoloSave money on this versatile supermini
24 July 2013
IMPORTANT: Read the information at the bottom of this page before going ahead with any car purchase.
The VW Polo has always been a supermini with a premium edge – it’s large, well-built and has the instantly recognisable VW badge.
Little has changed with the current generation of the VW Polo since it launched in 2009, but what it does boast is a fantastically broad engine range.
From über-efficient diesels and entry level-petrols, to the hot hatch GTI – there’s a Polo to cater for all needs and desires. And we’ve found some substantial savings on all of these.
Take a £1 trial with Which? to find out how the VW Polo rates in our in-depth, unbiased, tests.
Almost £2,000 off fuel-bill-friendly BlueMotion diesel
Few cars make such big statements as the VW Polo BlueMotion. The three-cylinder 1.2-litre diesel makes some impressive promises about fuel economy and emissions.
While 75bhp doesn’t sound that great in terms of power, 80.7mpg and 91g/km CO2 are bound to grab your attention.
And, while the Polo BlueMotion couldn’t match these fuel-efficiency claims in our more realistic tests, it still out-performed much of the competition. We measured a combined return of 74.3mpg in the five-door version (which has the same claimed return as the three-door).
Nationwide Cars has scrubbed a handsome £1,918 off the list price of the 1.2 BlueMotion three-door – more good news for your wallet.
If you prefer the perks of cheaper petrol prices, you could opt for the entry-level 1.2 S in three-door form. Nationwide Cars is offering a £1,298 discount on this model, taking the price below £10,000.
Hot Car Deal on VW Polo hot hatch
If you’re more concerned about mph times than mpg figures, the VW Polo GTI will be right up your street.
Its direct-injection twin-charged 1.4-litre petrol engine puts out a massive 180bhp, and combined with the slick-shifting DSG auto gearbox it can hit 62mph in 6.9 seconds.
Discounted-New-Cars has five-door models available with £2335 off the list price.
The car deals:
- VW Polo 1.2 TDI BlueMotion- £13,838 at Nationwide Cars
- VW Polo 1.2 S - £9,473 at Nationwide Cars
- VW Polo 1.4 TSI GTI DSG - £17,844 at Discounted-New-Cars
Hot deal hunters please note:
• The car brokers and deals featured are not vetted, endorsed or recommended by Which?. Always check the specifics of the deal so you know exactly what you are getting and who is supplying the car. Make sure all aspects of the deal are confirmed in writing before committing to buy.
• Not all brokers deal in UK sourced vehicles, and this may have an impact on standard equipment and warranty levels.
• The term ‘pre-reg’ or ‘pre-registered’ refers to vehicles that are brand new but already registered with the DVLA. This means that you will appear as the second owner on the V5 registration document.
• Beware of unscrupulous brokers who tell you they will have to retain the V5 registration document for a period of time after your purchase of the car. Vehicles sold this way may be cheap, but there are legal implications, including the risk that you the buyer could be committing a criminal offence when you drive the car, so they should be avoided.