Hot Car Deal – Hyundai i20Big discounts on petrol and diesel Hyundai supermini
18 July 2013
IMPORTANT: Read the information at the bottom of this page before going ahead with any car purchase.
The Hyundai i20 is a Korean-built supermini that's been around since 2009, competing in a market segment dominated by the Ford Fiesta.
A facelift in May last year means the Hyundai i20 doesn't look out of place in the current line-up of superminis. It also packs a lot of standard equipment and some peppy engines, all at a reasonable price.
We've found even keener prices, though, with these three great money-saving deals on the i20.
Take a £1 trial with Which? to find out more about the Hyundai i20 and its rivals.
Save £1,719 on Hyundai i20 petrol
There are four engines to choose from - two diesels and two petrols. Although the diesel engines return better fuel economy figures, we'd recommend one of the petrol engines if you're just using this car in and around urban areas.
The 1.2-litre petrol is a little slower than the 1.4, but better fuel economy and emissions figures mean it's cheaper to run. The mid-level Active specification has all the important equipment, such as air conditioning and electric front windows, but if you want parking sensors and climate control you'll have to upgrade to the Style trim level. Both are available through Carfile with discounts of £1,719 and £949 respectively.
Economical Hyundai i20 CRDi for £11,995
If you regularly drive long journeys and clock up over 10,000 miles a year, diesel might work out cheaper than petrol in the longer term. According to Hyundai, the i20 1.4 CRDi Blue Drive will return 76.3mpg. We haven't tested this specific model but we'd take care over such claims, as we've struggled to match Hyundai's claims with the models that have gone through our more realistic fuel economy cycle.
We've found this car in Active specification at Justclick4cars with a £1,500 discount, dropping the final price to a reasonable £11,995.
The car deals:
- Hyundai i20 1.2  3dr Active - £9,326 at Carfile
- Hyudani i20 1.2  5dr Style - £11,545 at Carfile
- Hyundai i20 1.4CRDi Blue Drive  5dr Active - £11,995 at Justclick4cars
Hot deal hunters please note:
- The car brokers and deals featured are not vetted, endorsed or recommended by Which?. Always check the specifics of the deal so you know exactly what you are getting and who is supplying the car. Make sure all aspects of the deal are confirmed in writing before committing to buy.
- Not all brokers deal in UK sourced vehicles, and this may have an impact on standard equipment and warranty levels.
- The term ‘pre-reg’ or ‘pre-registered’ refers to vehicles that are brand new but already registered with the DVLA. This means that you will appear as the second owner on the V5 registration document.
- Beware of unscrupulous brokers who tell you they will have to retain the V5 registration document for a period of time after your purchase of the car. Vehicles sold this way may be cheap, but there are legal implications, including the risk that you the buyer could be committing a criminal offence when you drive the car, so they should be avoided.