IMPORTANT: Read the information at the bottom of this page before going ahead with any car purchase.
Few cars can multi-task like the Honda Jazz. This supermini-sized MPV offers class-leading versatility and near-faultless reliability. But with a new Jazz due in early 2014, there are some great deals available.
The Honda Jazz is always one of the most popular cars in the annual Which? Car Survey – both in terms of numbers and owner satisfaction. Its ‘one-box’ shape packs a large amount of space into a small footprint, and its flip-up rear seats make it easy to carry tall objects.
High demand for the Jazz means discounts are few and far-between. But we’ve found three great deals to make your money go further.
Take a £1 trial with Which? to find out more about the Honda Jazz and its rivals.
Save on Jazz 1.4 petrol and Jazz Hybrid
Car broker Drive the Deal has some tempting offers across the whole Jazz range.
Let’s start with our Top Choice model: the 1.4 i-VTEC ES. This version of the Jazz has a 100bhp 1.4-litre petrol engine and claimed fuel economy in excess of 50mpg. Despite being the entry-level model, standard equipment includes climate-control air conditioning, electric mirrors, electric rear windows and – just what you need for summer – a refrigerated glovebox. Drive the Deal is selling the latest ES Plus version for £12,385.50 – a saving of 2,108.50 on the list price.
There’s also a big discount on the Honda Jazz Hybrid. This uses a 1.3-litre petrol combined with an electric motor to produce 98bhp. Claimed economy is an impressive 62.8mpg and CO2 emissions of 104g/km mean very cheap car tax. The Jazz Hybrid is pricey to buy, however, so it works out more expensive to run than petrol versions unless you keep the car a long time (or drive a lot of miles). Nonetheless, a price-cut of £1,488 certainly helps its cause. That reduces our Top Choice model, the 1.3 IMA HS-T Hybrid, to £16,802.
Deals on entry-level Honda Jazz 1.2 petrol
Finally, if you want a new Honda Jazz, the cheapest model is the 98bhp 1.2 i-VTEC S, at £11,695. But we’ve found a couple of nearly-new cars at Arnold Clark that will save you almost £1,700 off that price. Both have covered less than 500 miles and are on sale for £9,988.
Admittedly, we prefer the punchier 1.4 petrol engine, but these cars still come with curtain airbags, electric windows/mirrors and a CD player with MP3 connectivity. Plus, of course, all the practicality you’d expect from any Honda Jazz.
The Hot Car Deals:
- Honda Jazz 1.4 i-VTEC ES Plus – £12,385.50 at Drive the Deal
- Honda Jazz 1.3 IMA HS-T Hybrid – £16, 802 at Drive the Deal
- Honda Jazz 1.2 i-VTEC S – £9,988 at Arnold Clark
Hot Car Deal hunters please note:
- The car brokers and deals featured are not vetted, endorsed or recommended by Which?. Always check the specifics of the deal so you know exactly what you are getting and who is supplying the car. Make sure all aspects of the deal are confirmed in writing before committing to buy.
- Not all brokers deal in UK sourced vehicles, and this may have an impact on standard equipment and warranty levels.
- The term ‘pre-reg’ or ‘pre-registered’ refers to vehicles that are brand new but already registered with the DVLA. This means that you will appear as the second owner on the V5 registration document. Beware of unscrupulous brokers who tell you they will have to retain the V5 registration document for a period of time after your purchase of the car.
- Vehicles sold this way may be cheap, but there are legal implications, including the risk that you the buyer could be committing a criminal offence when you drive the car, so they should be avoided.