Hot Car Deal – Kia SorentoThree great deals on the seven seat Kia Sorento
22 August 2013
IMPORTANT: Read the information at the bottom of this page before going ahead with any car purchase.
Kia’s Sorento is a spacious mid-size off-roader with four-wheel drive and seven seats as standard.
The Kia Sorento is a large seven seater 4x4 which handles well on tarmac and includes a seven year 100,000 mile warranty. With lots of room for seven passengers and four-wheel drive to deal with winter snow and muddy tracks, the Sorento is a practical option for families.
The Sorento also performs well on the road with a powerful and relatively frugal 2.2-litre diesel engine. This motor produces 194bhp and powers the Sorento to 62mph in less than 10 seconds and is available with six speed manual and automatic gearboxes.
Try Which? for £1 to read our full lab test review of the Kia Sorento
Save £4,336 on a Kia Sorento 2.2 CRDi KX-2
The Sorento is competitively priced compared to many rivals to begin with and there are a number of brokers offering attractive discounts with savings of over £4,000 possible. Our Top Choice model is the 2.2 CRDi KX-2 which Kia claims will return 47.9mpg and is currently available from Nationwide Cars for £24,529.
The Sorento KX-2 is very well equipped with heated leather seats, a reversing camera, automatic lights and wipers as standard plus a full size spare wheel.
Kia Sorento KX-1 for just £22,367
Kia’s Sorento is already good value and you can pick up the entry level model for just over £22,000 in KX-1 spec from several brokers. While this is the most affordable model in the range, it is still well equipped with air conditioning, 17 inch alloy wheels, reversing sensors, electric folding mirrors, Bluetooth, cruise control and automatic lights included in the price.
This model has the same strong 2.2-litre diesel engine as more expensive models and is reasonably economical and is in a middling car tax band.
Automatic diesel Kia Sorento with £4,452 discount
If you’d prefer an automatic gearbox, you can pick up the Sorento KX-2 automatic for £25,803 – a premium of nearly £1,300 over the manual equivalent. Performance is near identical to the manual version, but economy drops by 5.7mpg meaning that fuel bills and subsequent car tax will cost you more.
Hot Car Deals:
- Kia Sorento 2.2 CRDi KX-2 - £24,529 at Nationwide Cars
- Kia Sorento 2.2 CRDi KX-1 - £22,367 at Carfile
- Kia Sorento 2.2 CRDi KX-2 automatic - £25,803 at Nationwide Cars
Hot Car Deal hunters please note:
- The car brokers and deals featured are not vetted, endorsed or recommended by Which?. Always check the specifics of the deal so you know exactly what you are getting and who is supplying the car. Make sure all aspects of the deal are confirmed in writing before committing to buy.
- Not all brokers deal in UK sourced vehicles, and this may have an impact on standard equipment and warranty levels.
- The term ‘pre-reg’ or ‘pre-registered’ refers to vehicles that are brand new but already registered with the DVLA. This means that you will appear as the second owner on the V5 registration document.
- Beware of unscrupulous brokers who tell you they will have to retain the V5 registration document for a period of time after your purchase of the car. Vehicles sold this way may be cheap, but there are legal implications, including the risk that you the buyer could be committing a criminal offence when you drive the car, so they should be avoided.