IMPORTANT: Read the information at the bottom of this page before going ahead with any car purchase.
The Volkswagen Tiguan is a compact off roader that comes with a range of petrol and diesel engines and offers buyers the choice of both two and four-wheel drive models. It’s smooth and refined and offers good value compared to pricey rivals from Audi and BMW.
The Tiguan is well built and safe and features sliding and reclining rear seats to make longer journeys more comfortable. Buyers can choose from several turbocharged petrol and diesel engines which vary from a 110bhp diesel to a 210bhp petrol model.
Try Which? for £1 to read our full lab test review of the Volkswagen Tiguan
Save £2,500 on our Top Choice Volkswagen Tiguan
Our favourite Tiguan is the 2.0-litre diesel BlueMotion Tech SE version, VW claims it returns 48.7mpg on the combined test cycle, though we could only achieve 43.5mpg in our more realistic fuel economy tests. This version of the Tiguan is available from Nationwide Cars for just £23,974 – a £2,491 discount on the list price.
This model is well equipped with Bluetooth, climate control, a DAB radio and 6CD autochanger with a large colour display and iPod/MP3 connectivity, plus a park assist system that can reverse park the car for you.
Volkswagen Tiguan 1.4 TSI for just £21,125
If you don’t cover many miles and would prefer a petrol engine, the Tiguan 1.4 BlueMotion Tech SE 2WD is available for £21,125, saving you well over £2,000. Although the engine is small, a turbocharger gives this Tiguan enough power to sprint to 62mph in 8.9 seconds and it should return over 40mpg too.
This model has two-wheel drive so you won’t be able to venture far off road, however a four-wheel drive version is available for a £1,500 premium if you are concerned about getting stuck in the snow or want to do gentle off roading.
Automatic Volkswagen Tiguan with £3,255 discount
For those who would rather an automatic gearbox you can buy a Tiguan with Volkswagen’s seven speed DSG gearbox and the most powerful 177bhp diesel engine for £27,835. In R Line specification the Tiguan is equipped with xenon headlights, 18 inch alloy wheels, front sports seats and distinctive body styling.
Hot Car Deals:
- Volkswagen Tiguan 2.0 TDI BlueMotion Tech SE – £23,974 at Nationwide Cars
- Volkswagen Tiguan 1.4 TSI BlueMotion Tech SE 2WD – £21,125 at Carfile
- Volkswagen Tiguan 2.0 TDI BlueMotion Tech R Line 177 DSG – £27,835 at Carfile
Hot Car Deal hunters please note:
- The car brokers and deals featured are not vetted, endorsed or recommended by Which?. Always check the specifics of the deal so you know exactly what you are getting and who is supplying the car. Make sure all aspects of the deal are confirmed in writing before committing to buy.
- Not all brokers deal in UK sourced vehicles, and this may have an impact on standard equipment and warranty levels.
- The term ‘pre-reg’ or ‘pre-registered’ refers to vehicles that are brand new but already registered with the DVLA. This means that you will appear as the second owner on the V5 registration document.
- Beware of unscrupulous brokers who tell you they will have to retain the V5 registration document for a period of time after your purchase of the car. Vehicles sold this way may be cheap, but there are legal implications, including the risk that you the buyer could be committing a criminal offence when you drive the car, so they should be avoided.