IMPORTANT: Read the information at the bottom of this page before going ahead with any car purchase.
The Citroen C3 Picasso is a distinctive, small people carrier, which offers plenty of space in the cabin and boot, plus a lot of equipment for your money.
Citroen’s funky C3 Picasso is a stylish small MPV that provides decent space for passengers and luggage all within a small footprint. Large windows make the Picasso bright inside, and tall, wide-opening doors make it easy to get in and out of. The large swathes of glass mean that visibility is also good, which makes it easier to drive on narrow city roads.
One downside is that prices are on the high side. However, if you shop around you’re sure to find a number of attractive bargains. With discounts of nearly 25% applied, the C3 Picasso a much more appealing proposition.
Try Which? for £1 to read our full lab test review of the Citroen C3 Picasso
Save over £4,000 on our top choice Citroen C3 Picasso
A discount of £4,189 on our top choice Picasso slashes the official price down to a reasonable £13,621. The 1.6 HDi 115 Exclusive provides a good blend of economy and performance, officially returning over 60mpg and offering enough power to cart around a full complement of passengers and a full boot without breaking into a sweat.
This Picasso can sprint to 62mph in just over 11 seconds and is comfortable and well equipped. Exclusive specification includes lots of family friendly kit, such as dual zone air conditioning, underfloor storage, a folding front passenger seat, aircraft style tables for rear passengers and rear parking sensors. This model also comes with ESP for added safety on slippery roads.
Petrol Citroen C3 Picasso with £3,913 discount
If don’t cover many miles and prefer petrol power, you can pick up a top-of-the-range 1.6 VTi Exclusive for just £12,717 – saving yourself nearly £4,000 on the list price. This model is just as well equipped as the diesel model above and provides plenty of space for passengers and luggage.
The petrol engine powers the Picasso to 62mph in 10.9 seconds and it officially returns 44.1mpg. That’s not as good as the diesel, so if you do intend on covering lots of miles, the 1.6 HDi may prove better value in the long run.
Diesel Citroen C3 Picasso for just £12,215
If you’d prefer to cut your bills even further, the C3 Picasso 1.6 HDi VTR+ is currently available from Nationwide Cars for just £12,215 – a discount of £3,695. This frugal diesel model officially returns an impressive 68.9mpg. However, it’s by no means fast the 0-62mph dash takes a leisurely 13.5 seconds.
The C3 Picasso VTR+ does come with lots of useful equipment, though, including air conditioning, cruise control, six airbags, LED daytime running lights, a trip computer and a height adjustable driver’s seat.
Hot Car Deals:
- Citroen C3 Picasso 1.6 HDI 115 Exclusive – £13,621 at Nationwide Cars
- Citroen C3 Picasso 1.6 VTi Exclusive – £12,717 at Carfile
- Citroen C3 1.6 HDI VTR+ – £12,215 at Nationwide Cars
Hot Car Deal hunters please note:
- The car brokers and deals featured are not vetted, endorsed or recommended by Which?. Always check the specifics of the deal so you know exactly what you are getting and who is supplying the car. Make sure all aspects of the deal are confirmed in writing before committing to buy.
- Not all brokers deal in UK sourced vehicles, and this may have an impact on standard equipment and warranty levels.
- The term ‘pre-reg’ or ‘pre-registered’ refers to vehicles that are brand new but already registered with the DVLA. This means that you will appear as the second owner on the V5 registration document.
- Beware of unscrupulous brokers who tell you they will have to retain the V5 registration document for a period of time after your purchase of the car. Vehicles sold this way may be cheap, but there are legal implications, including the risk that you the buyer could be committing a criminal offence when you drive the car, so they should be avoided.